Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 1:10pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Demo" seems the keyword hence the slow intro for the audience.

As has been said, "Kempo Ju Jitsu" is a common term. It could be anyone. In London, it's the title of a group headed by Peter Browne, who also does Escrima to broaden their syllabus.

Some of the techniques are clearly Trad JJ as used in the UK. Other things they did, I dunno. Breakfalls, standard. Breakfalls over bodies, yeah have had to do that.

The Bo looked a mixture of Okinawan Fixed Kumite and a variation of Continuous Kumite.

Groundfighting. Check. Standard start.

It's broadbrush stuff as signalled by the word "Demo". I dare say the syllabus can be traced back to the BJJA GB or earlier BJJA (not to be confused with Brazilian JJ).

Hmm. Well some dojos have Senseis with a Judo (Dan Grade) pedigree but these are few. Two of whom I knew are now deceased. Certainly, one I know is over 60 years and an absolute fund of knowledge and skill and who still teaches Judo. All his students are adept at groundfighting.

Other Trad JJ-ers whom I know have themselves broadened out into BJJ/Judo/MMA. One has a Cage Record and Dan Buzotta has committed himself to the MMA/Cage/BJJ route. Meerkat has left Trad JJ for BJJ and is a Purple Belt. So, not everyone in Trad JJ is complacent nor unthinking.

Anyway, to the OP, if you're happy, good luck.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 8/30/2011 1:11pm at . Reason: typo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 4:10pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    One has a Cage Record
    Who's that?

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's 0-1 against the cage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 4:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    He's 0-1 against the cage.

Brilliant, but I can think of two that do have cage records, just curious if it's someone I know.

Posted On:
    8/31/2011 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/will-morley-17872

This one. Will's surname is actually Murley but the ring announcer had it as "Morley" so he stuck with it. Will trains under Dan Buzzotta and was scheduled to fight for his BJJ Purple in July but got held up in Cornwall so likely missed his chance.

He is Trad JJ 3rd Dan but put that on the backburner while he pursues MMA and trains about 4 nights a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2011 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not one I know then, crosstraining does seem fairly prevalent in the UK jujitsu scene though.

Oh also, the WJJF must have been pretty big to have spin offs everywhere (good sign of the bullshido inherent in the system), when did it all implode?
    Last edited by captainbirdseye; 8/31/2011 3:53pm at .

Posted On:
    9/01/2011 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bit I missed out on Will fighting for his Purple was that it was that the examination was to be under Royce Gracie. Yes. A group of us were in Cornwall and I think he got back too late.

Another Trad JJ 2nd Dan got his Blue from Royce Gracie some years ago. He has now dropped Trad JJ - numbers were falling off and he was finding the knowledge for 3rd Dan difficult to obtain (he's out of the Coast) so he now continues his journey in BJJ.

It goes on. I know - or knew - 2 Trad JJers who also trained at London Shootfighters. A friend in Herts - Trad JJ Brown - also trains under Eddie Kone and has been awarded his Blue. He now also trains Judo and recently hosted Ray Stevens and Daniel Strauss. I was invited but in the end, the 2 hours travel put me off. My loss. I'd have been slaughtered but I don't mind, that's how I've learned.

WJJF? It's answered elsewhere.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 9/01/2011 4:41pm at . Reason: typos

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2011 4:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you crosstrain at all?

Posted On:
    9/04/2011 5:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont see anything of any real street value in these vids, just a bunch of rehearsed moves, and rolling around on mats, id like to see those rolls on concrete! i think youll be better off sticking to bjj, add some judo, and boxing, if you wanna do weapons id reccomend kali/escrima.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2011 8:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by singhakabuttar View Post
    i dont see anything of any real street value in these vids, just a bunch of rehearsed moves, and rolling around on mats, id like to see those rolls on concrete! i think youll be better off sticking to bjj, add some judo, and boxing, if you wanna do weapons id reccomend kali/escrima.
    If you can't roll on concrete you're a cretin. Also, of course it's rehearsed, it's a demo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast