Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 2:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There's a black belt in jujitsu where I work

Guy where I work asks me if I have any hobbies. I tell him I do BJJ when I can (on hiatus now until I move to a place closer to a club) and he tells me he's a black belt in kempo jujitsu. He also told me he'd do "anything to win a fight". Makes sense because as I do BJJ I become totally unaware of the environment around me and am vulnerable to deadly eye gouges.

I thought I'd research his martial art on youtube since he told me they spar full contact using MMA type rules. Well, that would surely be interesting and it wouldn't be the piss poor choreographed larping that most traditional martial arts do right?

Well I'll be sure to avoid those deadly kicks and my BJJ is no match for that ground fighting :ohno:

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 2:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You owe me 20 minutes. Feel free to take it from the dancer you work with.

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 3:01pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kempo jujitsu[sic] is a pretty generic name, so it could be something else.

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 3:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once met someone who claimed to train in the martial art of Bushido.

Yeh, I know...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 3:24pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking with a guy at work about his heart problems. He told me the worse thing was that he couldn't do martial arts anymore. Naturally I asked, "Oh yeah?!? What did you train?" He told me as he stuttered,,"Oh, uh, NNNNNNNNNNNNinjitsu".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He mights not be full of crap. I have seen videos of "trad jiu jitsu" by various names that spars in an alive manner that resembles kyokushin style kickboxing, judo-ish takedowns, and BJJ-ish groundfighting. Often for some reasons these same clubs also do lots of compliant Aikido style larping, wear really wicked gis/patches, and like to do sexy demonstations in city parks (I guess to keep up the traditionals cred).

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 5:07pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After the last black belt grading at my club I was chatting to a Jujitsu black Belt who was up from the coast to watch. He was telling me how most of the syllabus he saw they didn't do, essentially admitting they mainly just did a bit of non-competitive ground work (meh, no great surprises there, probably could have guessed as much just by looking at him).

He then told me how he went to a TKD school the other week and was so impressed by how dynamic they were but also how they didn't just kick and punch, but how each move was meant to place the defender in a position for a follow-up kick or punch...
    :WhyWithHands:

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 8:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looked like there was some actual rolling in the middle of the second video, if I am not mistaken. I think someone even took the mount there.

There is a school in the area that does "kempo jiu-jitsu", but I think they are full of ****. Not bullshido FOS but the kind of people who have actual skills but still make up their "own" martial art.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 7:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    It looked like there was some actual rolling in the middle of the second video, if I am not mistaken. I think someone even took the mount there.
    True but these are grades, I believe those belts are to show at least 3 months' experience. 3 months BJJ or Judo and your groundfighting would not look like that. Reminds me of Jitsu Foundation days haha

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have came across two Kemp JJ school.
    One was an offshot of Mitose's Kosho Ryu Kempo school. Mitose used the term Kempo JiuJitsu to describe his art. They were using it to seem closer to the roots of Kosho Ryu.

The other was a Kempo Karate school that also taught Machado JJ. The instructor was a blue belt and he called his school Kempo JJ. This was the first JJ school I went to when I came back to the states in 2005. I didn't stay long because the instructor was upset that I submitted him in class even though I was a blue belt also.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast