Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:00am

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    First off, glad you were wearing chain mail, Gimli would be proud! :)

Second, I believe you demonstrated FAR too much chivalry kind Sir. Aside from slamming the front door in this particular drunken retards face and calling the police, I believe that if choosing to engage him you should have immediately gone with an all-out Right Cross to the Adam's Apple or some such dastardly and perhaps deadly deed.

Because an aggressive bastard with a knife, drunken and old or not, whether you're wearing Mithril chain mail or not, should not be fucked around with. Don't ever risk the possibility, however remote, of living with a motherfucking colostomy bag just because you didn't want to choke unconscious or break the limbs of a drunken aggressive ****.

Oh, and well played Sir. :)
    Agreed. You should have gone `American Me` on him. The idiot tried to home invade a party by himself...with a pocket knife!

Imagine the poor old woman waiting for the bus after work he may attack!!
    Last edited by Middlefinger; 8/26/2011 3:03am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    Agreed. You should have gone `American Me` on him. The idiot tried to home invade a party by himself...with a pocket knife!

Imagine the poor old woman waiting for the bus after work he may attack!!
    "American Me." Was that the flick with Edward James Olmos were he gets shanked in prison and completely perforated with a shiv like 50 times at the end? I think I saw that like 12 years ago (while drunk).

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:12am

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "American Me." Was that the flick with Edward James Olmos were he gets shanked in prison and completely perforated with a shiv like 50 times at the end? I think I saw that like 12 years ago (while drunk).
    Yup. It`s loosely based on how gangs started in prison.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:19am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Patiently. Once you have the rings made, you weave them together by opening and closing them with pliers, one or two at a time.
    I used to make chain mail - be a bit careful. If you just using galvanised rings and closing them with pliers - it ain't going to stop a knife pushed with any force. You need to rivet or weld the ends of each ring together to do that. I dread to think how long that would take you........

I did see one guy make a set of chainmail out of spring washes which would probably be better but VERY heavy.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 4:54am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Wait wait... What? You made your own chain mail? How'd you do it, how long did it take you, and out of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    I did see one guy make a set of chainmail out of spring washes which would probably be better but VERY heavy.
    Cool story OP

But to chainmail. I have made nice looking mail from split ring washers

The square edge gives the mail a good look.
    They are quite hard to open/close with pliers.. but how effective they are aginst a forcefull blow...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 6:46am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Cool story OP

They are quite hard to open/close with pliers.. but how effective they are aginst a forcefull blow...?
    Probably better than galvanised wire. A very thin blade might do it, most knives have wider blades so it might let the first cm through and that would stop after that. This is pure conjecture on my part as I'm no expert. I only ever saw them used in battle re-enactments where everything was (mainly) blunt.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 8:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, glad you were wearing chain mail, Gimli would be proud! :)

Second, I believe you demonstrated FAR too much chivalry kind Sir. Aside from slamming the front door in this particular drunken retards face and calling the police, I believe that if choosing to engage him you should have immediately gone with an all-out Right Cross to the Adam's Apple or some such dastardly and perhaps deadly deed.

Because an aggressive bastard with a knife, drunken and old or not, whether you're wearing Mithril chain mail or not, should not be fucked around with. Don't ever risk the possibility, however remote, of living with a motherfucking colostomy bag just because you didn't want to choke unconscious or break the limbs of a drunken aggressive ****.

Oh, and well played Sir. :)
    What he did was just right. Going ape-**** on a drunk brandishing a knife might seem like the right thing to do but he used just enough force to deal with the threat. The thing is to be able to escalate if need be not go double 0 ninja from the start if it doesn't call for it.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 8:33am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope he got laid for his efforts,

amirite??

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    What he did was just right. Going ape-**** on a drunk brandishing a knife might seem like the right thing to do but he used just enough force to deal with the threat. The thing is to be able to escalate if need be not go double 0 ninja from the start if it doesn't call for it.
    Yeah, I considered afterwards that maybe I should've employed more force, but unless I wanted to neck crank him with the full nelson, there wasn't really an opportunity to do so safely. In order to hit him, I would've had to release my grips and lose control of his back. In this case, not hurting him was the easiest way for me to not get hurt as well.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Cool story OP

Not to split hairs but wouldnt that make it ringmail not chainmail?? By the way how much do those things weigh vs regular chainmail??
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast