Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey People (Introduce me to Self-defence??)

Hi, Name's Jason and I'm here for the best advice anyone will ever give me.

Before I say anything, I have never done any form or shape of Self-Defence.

I am a fat, lazy guy who scoffs junk food all day and hardly exercises.

But that is all about to change...

Due to shall we say that I have a certain somebody who is looking to break the necks off me and my family soon, am not sure when he will but it is a definite that he will do something.

I am prepared to throw away everything I have ever known just to be able to stop a 6ft ex-boxer without him harming a hair on any of me and my family.

And if you are gonna come out with "Just carry some sort of weapon with you at all times" then go home, I live in england here and our "society" is not allowed to carry anything that is intentionally used as a weapon, wether it be for attack or self-defence.
    (This sentence was for you guys who don't know U.K law very well).

I think that's about it, Just a routine to get me a good build, learn some moves that WILL save me and my family's life and how I should react when the time comes.

Thank you very much and I hope I get some quick answers.

Style
    Kickboxing?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey.

Have you talked to the police?

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Police can't help, its a... Very complicated situation which I wish to not go through. (If you are very insistant on hearing what happened, then say and I will type it down but it is also quite a long story, but if it is possible to cut the story out then everyone's happy).
    Last edited by Jasonsea212; 8/25/2011 8:18pm at . Reason: Comprehension was wrong

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knives are legal in UK. As are baseball bats (maybe cricket?), though it'd look a little strange to carry one around.

No self defense training will povide you with skills quickly. Lots of things work, however, like pepper in the eye or pencil in the liver or even a bolling pin or a hair brush.

Seriously, your attitude will be the first thing you need to change: most people have a VERY hard time using violence. It usually takes a lot of training to be able to hit hard and fast, to say nothing of a poke in the eye. But do read the article on finding a school and go train.

In your case it sounds to me like this fellow isn't really going to kill you and your family, or you would call the police. So learn to box?
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 8/25/2011 8:37pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok maybe i pronunced it wrong, all the above you said you can own but there are complications (and pepper spray IS illegal).

The law states that anyone having anything intentionally used as a weapon to defend yourself is liable for prosecution for having a offensive weapon.

and as knife laws go, you have to be 18 or over to purchase one (just like alchoel and tobacco,) also if you have a blade smaller than 7.5cm then you are fine to carry it with you (so long you have a reason for it apart from self-defence, which can land you into a comfy cell for the night) if it is any bigger, than it is illegal to carry in public areas, no matter what.

This is the very reason I have come to this forum, because the only force allowed is minimal force that is neccesary (so my body, for example), so if i use a weapon on him, not only will he wind up in a cell, so will I if i'm not careful.

EDIT: Proof he has tried to kill us before
    http://www.thecomet.net/news/jail_fo..._wife_1_275223

With Alex Steele being the killer (stepdad) and Julie Steele (Mum)

Oh and the reason I can't call police is because of a very, very complex story with him living with us right now and council (we live in a council house) said if they catch him Inside our house, they will kick my family out onto the streets, regardless of the little kids (there is a 9 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl in house too) so if that happens I presume they will be put into adoption.

He can also prove he's been inside the house by showing letters which have been coming to this address. and his parents can tell the police/council that too (cause they are cruel knobs too).

we do not have many friends either and if we did, I would not be on here, trying to find the effective art of self-defence.

All the motivation and actions are there that he will do something, it's just a matter of time, hell he has already basically robbed us blind in broad daylight by cutting off all the phonelines and then demanding for things (such as consoles, cash etc) and as soon as he got his way he managed to reconnect the phones (I don't know how, at the time ALL the sockets were in aswell, cause I was standing next to phone).
    Last edited by Jasonsea212; 8/25/2011 9:11pm at . Reason: To prove that this idiot is to not be underestimated

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There, we are getting somewhere, I have been doing all sorts of muscle exercises while I have been waiting for replys just to start preparing, and the food thing? easier done than said, :).

It very helpful to have someone to motivate me a bit, but anyone know of some basic moves which can disorientate him and/or keep him down?

Just so I know that I can keep him out of harm's reach, also I am planning (mentally) how I would combat him effective inside my house wherever I am and where he is.

Man is this a lot to take in, but I will do this, I can't fail.
    Last edited by Jasonsea212; 8/25/2011 9:59pm at .

Style
    Koei Kan Karatedo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it is in your house then you can do much more. A light hit to the right spot can be much more effective than a heavy one. try flicking the eyes or testicles with your finger tips spine and kidney shots are good especially the liver. As for the muscles work on your neck to help absorb hits to the head and jam the punches to there with your forehead. Furthermore work on your abs too and hit his solar plexus.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Removed from: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108563

Congratulations, you are one of the very few to post something so stupid, it gets removed from Newbietown.
    I know it's not a good time and not to be proud of, but you should put it up in your profile msg board, might get a lot of fans, :D

Anyway that's MORE helpful than the last comment you made, at least I have an idea of where to work out.

Thanks a lot once again.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbs001 View Post
    So it is in your house then you can do much more. A light hit to the right spot can be much more effective than a heavy one. try flicking the eyes or testicles with your finger tips spine and kidney shots are good especially the liver. As for the muscles work on your neck to help absorb hits to the head and jam the punches to there with your forehead. Furthermore work on your abs too and hit his solar plexus.
    You need to stop typing now. "Flicking the eyes or testicles"? All that will do is make a combat sport trained athlete mad. I know because I've had both of those done to me. All it did was piss me off more. What you and the OP don't understand is the danger of escalating the violence in a fight you will probably lose.

People that train in combat sport martial arts, like boxing or Judo, get hurt during training all the time. This teaches you how to fight through pain, even horrific levels of pain. That's one of the things you "too deadly to spar" types never seem to understand. Your throat punches won't stop us because we've been punched full force in the throat before.

Yuki Nakai's eye was gouged to the point that he was permanently blinded in a cage fight. He won that fight despite his injury.

People that never truly spar have no idea of the limitations of their own body, or of other people's bodies. So stop giving this young man bad advice. It's not helping him.

Style
    Koei Kan Karatedo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're welcome always nice to help someone in need like the Doctor does in Doctor Who well more like the ninth Doctor occasionally using muscle but brains too.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last