Punch your friends in the facebook (etc.) SHARE THIS!:

Style: 
    Shotokan Karate

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 7:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seriously doubt it but is there any chance he held back as he was taking the higher ground because his job is a security guard.

Not trying to act high and mighty or anything its just most bouncers / security guards round here don't get involved in fights much at they simple get them in a lock on the ground and wait for police or shoulder lock and through them straight out the door .

Registered Member

Style: 
    MMA

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 9:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

muay thai vs street fighter

Love the opening when the guard cover-blocks and then counters with the right hand.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    The guard has the moves, but the perp took a LOT of punisment and kept on making hay. Street vs Sport...a dead heat this time IMO

Not enough data to judge a winner here. If street guy won why is he being cuffed and stuffed ? We don't even know the rent a cops name just his nom de guerre of "Karate" at the gym he trains at(or used to train at). We have no idea how banged up he looked post scuffle and the footage only shows the 20 seconds or so of the fight.

Being able to soak punishment doesn't mean much if you can't out last your opponent and eventually win because of it. It just means you get hurt more.

Style: 
    Judo

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 10:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by philmgriffin View Post
    the street rat sounded like Omar Little from the wire (to my untrained ear anyway).
    I think you mean the girl Snoop.

As for damage, if you look closely you can see the non-fighter has a nicely growing lump on his right forehead.

If he'd taken a bit more he would probably be the proud owner of one of these:

I'm Svelte!

Style: 
    mma

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 10:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Not enough data to judge a winner here. If street guy won why is he being cuffed and stuffed ? We don't even know the rent a cops name just his nom de guerre of "Karate" at the gym he trains at(or used to train at). We have no idea how banged up he looked post scuffle and the footage only shows the 20 seconds or so of the fight.

Being able to soak punishment doesn't mean much if you can't out last your opponent and eventually win because of it. It just means you get hurt more.
    Without seeing the end its immposible to tell why perp got arrested, most likely because back up arrived and overwhelmed him. Little skill, much toughness and agression.

Its only important to be able to soak up more punnishment than your opponent. As Guard did'nt realy get hit we will never know how tough he was

Thumbs up!

Style: 
    Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 1:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i don't know if it matters whether or not how tough the guard was. the point was that he evaded and avoided most (if not all) of the damage he could have received from taking on a dude head on. his training worked, in the sense that he defended himself long enough to either arrest the asshole himself or for back up to arrive and arrest the guy for him.

Registered Member

Style: 
    G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I thought muay thai was supposed to be effective?

Registered Member

Style: 
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 7:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Yanno??? There's just not enough in your post for me to tell wheather you're trolling or serious.

Normally? i'd go with trolling,but because of some of the posts of yours i've read?? i suspect you are actually serious. Please tell me i'm wrong. Please.

Registered Member

Style: 
    Karate, BJJ

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 5:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    I'll admit I had a similar reaction. After all if the guy was a chunner everyone would be laughing at his inability to decisively end the fight quickly. The cop may have had good reason to 'hold back' but if I were him I would have serious concerns about my training regardless of what style it was.

I'm Svelte!

Style: 
    mma

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 5:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    i don't know if it matters whether or not how tough the guard was. the point was that he evaded and avoided most (if not all) of the damage he could have received from taking on a dude head on. his training worked, in the sense that he defended himself long enough to either arrest the asshole himself or for back up to arrive and arrest the guy for him.
    If, and it is a big if, perp had landed a haymaker, guards toughness would have been an issue, but in the situation as it played out you are quite correct.

*edit* Perp got the **** kicked out of him, he just had a lot of ****
    Last edited by doofaloofa; 8/26/2011 6:08am at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast