Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 3:41pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    Exercise, caffeine and stress were the big triggers for me along with dwelling on the negative points in life which eventually frames your viewpoint of everything.
    Exercise triggered your anxiety?....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 5:58pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    He must mean lack of exercise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup youre right Waggs. Quick q, do most BJJ schools teach take downs, or are they more into getting someone into your gaurd.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:49am

Style: BJJ n stuff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** no! That's was a shitty typo:-) It was indeed being a couch bound sloth that contributed to it.

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 10:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    **** no! That's was a shitty typo:-) It was indeed being a couch bound sloth that contributed to it.
    Sloths have a look of constant anxiety to them.

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 12:41am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, exercise can cause panic attacks. I was in the hospital (I think because I was having anxiety, I **** you not) and this guy was there having a panic attack and described how he had gone jogging and it happened.

Exercise doesn't make you immune from panic disorder. If you are drinking coffee like a madman, freaking out of stupid ****, eating like crap, not sleeping and go for a jog, guess what?
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 12:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be on SSRI's back in the day but after dad passed I decided I wanted to do everything on my own. Honestly I don't believe in the stuff.
    There is a large body of research that seems to indicate they are little better than placebo, if at all. That being said, if they work, who gives a **** if it is because of the placebo effect? People should be willing to experiment to solve this problem. It's seriously horrible.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only that Crappler but I feel you can't learn from them; I gotta learn how to deal with my problems with myself. They also don't think depression is caused by an imbalance in the brain which is what SSRI's try to fix.

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 11:26am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. Like I said it is circular thinking and erroneous beliefs that appear to be the primary problem. We are supposed to be running around chasing animals and picking berries. Not sitting at a desk and typing on computers for ten hours a day only to go home and do more of the same.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 11:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kENPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it crazy that I found this thread as I was just thinking about this today.

I too can suffer from anxiety and insane crazy thoughts. These thoughts start small but end up growing into gremlins creating havoc. I agree totally with "Crappler". We grow up with these crazy teachings that we are important because we own "****". If we don't own that "****" then you failed. No matter what you own you simply will never be happy because you will get bored of the "****" you just bought and in a few months end up wanting more "****". Those feelings of "happiness" which you attach to material things or acheivments start to fade and you begin to doubt your self worth until you hit another milestone. Crazy cycle.

I always loved that movie Fight Club because it went in depth about this.

When I am working out and eating correctly I feel like I am riding a wave of bliss. I feel confident and social. I can feel good or bad but I always "feel" very in tune with the world. When I let go of the working out I seem to slide off completely and start drinking a little too much and eating like crap which leads me to start having these crazy negative thoughts about myself and my place on this Earth. It is so acute that my fiance notices this and encourages me to start hitting the gym and like magic everything starts to fall in place again.

Another tip that I will add to the ones above: YOGA!!!

That **** is magical. I started doing yoga and aside from being an amazing workout that also increases felxibility it helps you stay in the present and feel centered. Your thoughts quiet down and you feel this sense of peace and tranquility. There have been times where I have actually teared up when cooling down from yoga. Not because of saddness but a feeling of cleansing of energy you have pent up.

I feel strange about opening up this way to strangers but hey if that tip above can help anybody else then great.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast