Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 4:05pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, if I can find the picture of me winning a local with my 20 you will have to give a rhino a blowjob on national television, because there is a picture floating around somewhere I swear it. That's just how gangster I am. Granted I use my competition gun exclusivly now but I have used my 20 in competition 2-3 times. Secondly, when the **** ever did the guy say he was ever going to be interested in competition shooting? Third, if I where ever to be in a position where I would be in proximity to your ass the only things that would be kissing it would be the tip of my Ruger 20 bitchface.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

Why buy one gun for learning fundamentals and turn around and buy another for competition when it's obvious there's limited funds?
    Just want to elaborate on this line right here. Number one,(as stated) he doesn't know if he will ever get to that level of interest where he may even want to compete. Number two, find me a competition gun you yourself would use in competition, and not just to enter but to actually try to win the fucking thing for 700 dollars.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Oh man, if I can find the picture of me winning a local with my 20 you will have to give a rhino a blowjob on national television, because there is a picture floating around somewhere I swear it. That's just how gangster I am. Granted I use my competition gun exclusivly now but I have used my 20 in competition 2-3 times. Secondly, when the **** ever did the guy say he was ever going to be interested in competition shooting? Third, if I where ever to be in a position where I would be in proximity to your ass the only things that would be kissing it would be the tip of my Ruger 20 bitchface.
    LOL

Now you're mad.

Gangster? LOL x2

Guy wants to shoot trap. What fun is trap if you're not competing eventually? Kind of expensive sport if you can't win back some of that earlier spent money.

Your threat to shoot me in the ass? 3rd chuckle.

Winning with a 20 in competition. Possible. Probably shooting from the 16. Tell me you out shot the big boys from the 27. If so, how many were competing? In your back yard doesn't count.

And

I admitted my mistake on not taking price hike into account given how long it's been since I bought my last Citori.

Now how about you and I quit screwing up the OP's thread with our pissing contest? This is the armory after all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 8:26pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Armory Gong Sau?

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 8:52pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    No Armory Gong Sau?
    Wax loads at dawn. Only possible solution.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1000 varrots on my oklahoma daddy!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    watchman,

If you want to learn to shoot trap for entertainment, learn the fundamentals and not put a lot of cash out to begin, consider the Remington model 870 or something similar.

It is not a trap gun, but..

Recommended a full choke. This will give you a longer shot stream and force you to be more on target, yet let you get a hold on what it is to lead a moving target.

So later you may decide trap is expensive or just lose interest. You still have a decent shotgun for hunting an/or home defense.

The longer the barrel is, the easier it will be to learn to follow through on your swing. Having said that, I'm a point and shoot person myself, but not recommended for learning.

12ga with shot of 7 1/2 or 8s is recommended. Mandatory if I remember correctly for competition and most trap clubs in general.

A lot of clubs will sell you reloads. Trap can get expensive. Guns for sure, range fees and ammo all add up quickly. It is a lot of fun. Sporty clays too, but never shot skeet myself.

You can save a great deal buying a good used firearm.

Now, no matter what you buy, it should fit you when shouldered. This is especially important given you'll be shooting at a moving target. You want to be able to throw it up and have good natural alignment. Can't emphasize this enough as it will determine how quickly you progress.

Good luck. Smoking a string of clays leaves good feeling inside.

Apologies for the previous thread derail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 12:36am

Style: cult of crapple, ATTACK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not going to get into the specifics here, but just throw out some general firearm advice, try a whole bunch out and get what you like. You may find that you like shooting trap and trap guns, you may find that you really have the heart of a tacti-cool larper guy, whatever blows your skirts up. If you dont like over unders dont buy one, if you like super tactical shotguns go buy one, its your money and your shotgun.

I've shot trap with anything from high end barettas to benelli m-3 tactical shotguns (note that the second was at a friends home range and hes crazy like that, two shots in pump action for you trap snobs). Its all love, as long as you enjoy your firearm, who cares?

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 4:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    LOL

Now you're mad.

Gangster? LOL x2

Guy wants to shoot trap. What fun is trap if you're not competing eventually? Kind of expensive sport if you can't win back some of that earlier spent money.

Your threat to shoot me in the ass? 3rd chuckle.

Winning with a 20 in competition. Possible. Probably shooting from the 16. Tell me you out shot the big boys from the 27. If so, how many were competing? In your back yard doesn't count.

And

I admitted my mistake on not taking price hike into account given how long it's been since I bought my last Citori.

Now how about you and I quit screwing up the OP's thread with our pissing contest? This is the armory after all.
    Oh Joe, you either forgot about my sense of humor due to my lack of posting for so long or never had a grasp of it in the first place. Granted I often come off as a bit brash, this I must admit. My portion of our banter was in jest the whole time I assure you. As far as your logic goes with competition. Well my father has shot trap,skeet and more recently sporting clays for over 30 years and never entered one competition. Unlike me, he does it for the love of the sport and at most for kind hearted bragging rights. Through the years I have met others who share his lack of interest in competition. The OP stated he wanted a all around shot gun(not just for the range). Then the sporting enthusiasts that you and I are started to **** up his thread. Our bad. I apologize to the OP. I brought up the 20 in the first place because the guy said he wanted to shoot trap and skeet as well. I find using a 20 is a good way to start on your journey into the shooting sports. Then when and if you decide to get more into it you will be all the more honed in when you start shooting the 12. But if he just wants to **** around once or twice a month and do a little upland game hunting the 20 is perfect IMO. But in the end its his decision not ours.

Yeah I won a comp at 16 yards with my 20 and also once at a wobble trap comp at 17 and 18 yards believe it or not. You do realize that a hot 20 gauge load shoots just the same as a light 12 right? At the 27 I have beaten a full station of guys using 12's many times not in competition. Granted I was not turning the fuckers into clouds of dust mind you but still managed to out score them. If I am in competition now I exclusively use my 12 gauge. But when I am actually in the field I prefer my 20 gauge nine times out of ten unless I am duck hunting. The 16 would get the job done but its a fucking chore getting the proper shot and loading the shells.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 4:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    1000 varrots on my oklahoma daddy!
    If we could get a Bullshido Trap and Skeet competition going I would be more then happy to take your ass for every last varrot you got sucka.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast