Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 4:11pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do you have sexy posture?

Do you have sexy posture? Bullshido poster and guy who isn't too shabby Geoff Girvitz breaks down all those technical terms and explores how to correct your posture to avoid injuries. Stop slouching you!

The First Sexy Posture Article
    by Geoff Girvitz 8/19/2011

As a species we often take a shorthand approach to processing information. Determining whether another person is attractive relies upon highly-developed visual-perception circuits. These circuits rapidly process a number of clues about a potential mate's status. They run through a rapid-fire series of questions and answers. Young? Strong? Fertile? Likely to win a knife fight? All of these form a Cliffs Notes-style summary of their genes.

Yet, for as long as civilization has existed, we've been hacking this process.

We emphasize, augment, or sometimes downright lie about the qualities that other people may find attractive in us. We're not here to talk about flashy cars or breast implants, though. And while we are going to talk about health, it's not going to be as it directly pertains to muscle mass or body fat. We're going to talk about an effect that will become even more pronounced as you age.

Posture.

Full article at link, pictures mildly NSFW.
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...osture_article

I was pretty amused by the article, as expected as Geoff always has a quirky sense of humour.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 11:20am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T-nation is by far the best of the exercise/fitness/bodybuilding sites on the web. In a way, it's the bullshido of fitness sites (albeit with corporate sponsorship; it's run by Biotest). It completely changed the way I train.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 3:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Proper alignment, squeezing shoulderblades, neck unpacking, dan tian breathing...

This whole article reads like my Hung Ga qigong warmup.

Yes, TCMA has done wonderful things for my posture and breathing.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 3:47pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missing posts moved here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108473

Much like the striking and grappling forums, the PT forum is dedicated to improving the training, knowledge, and personal development of serious posters. Like mama always said, "if you don't have something nice to say, take your ass to Trollshido." Or something like that.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    T-nation is by far the best of the exercise/fitness/bodybuilding sites on the web. In a way, it's the bullshido of fitness sites (albeit with corporate sponsorship; it's run by Biotest). It completely changed the way I train.
    I agree about T-Nation, for the most part. Some of the most quality training information I've encountered has been there. They occasionally have some retarded stuff there, but it's much rarer than on most other PT sites in my experience. Since it is corporate sponsored, they have their occasional sales-pitch article and stuff. But as far as supplements go, Biotest does tend to be a step above the rest, and they discuss their research and rationale, so you can at least be better informed than some informercial.

Be fairly warned though, they also post off topic articles, do not moderate for swearing, and post pictures-a-plenty of scantily clad or nude women. So much of the content is NSFW.

Also, a lot of the articles and such are pretty advanced actually, and might be over the head of beginners. If you read something there that raises questions for you, feel free to ask questions here (or, ask them there, they have a members' discussion forum that I believe is free). Disclaimer: For the legal reasons, if you do bring a topic from there here for discussion, don't re-post the entire article without their permission. Formulate your question and ask it.

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, on the subject of posture, I wrote an article on posture, and why it matters to your physical performance, as well as long term health:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107241

I recommend all readers study up on the subject. Alignment affects your joint mechanics, the physics of your performance, and your muscle activation. It does matter, a lot.

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 5:22pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    I agree about T-Nation, for the most part. Some of the most quality training information I've encountered has been there. They occasionally have some retarded stuff there, but it's much rarer than on most other PT sites in my experience. Since it is corporate sponsored, they have their occasional sales-pitch article and stuff. But as far as supplements go, Biotest does tend to be a step above the rest, and they discuss their research and rationale, so you can at least be better informed than some informercial.

Be fairly warned though, they also post off topic articles, do not moderate for swearing, and post pictures-a-plenty of scantily clad or nude women. So much of the content is NSFW.

Also, a lot of the articles and such are pretty advanced actually, and might be over the head of beginners. If you read something there that raises questions for you, feel free to ask questions here (or, ask them there, they have a members' discussion forum that I believe is free). Disclaimer: For the legal reasons, if you do bring a topic from there here for discussion, don't re-post the entire article without their permission. Formulate your question and ask it.
    Yeah, you need to have a bit of an eye about what's BS, what's sales, and what's gold. You can take guys like Cressey, Robertson, Dan John and Thibadeau to the bank though. The sticked articles in the beginner forum are pretty good, although a little bit dated.

Biotest's supplements are actually pretty good. I like their Surge products and their Metabolic Drive protein.

This is the first great posture article I remember reading over there: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...o_more_part_iv (it's four parts). It and their Magnificent Mobility video literally changed my life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2011 4:29am

Style: Aikido, bits of jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have said for years that the two things that can make a girl instantly more physically attractive are good posture and a good smile. If we take a lot of physical attraction coming from indicators of health, as the article proposes, then the positive facial expression can also mimic some other signs of good health. Recreating the symptoms of good health can have a feedback into promoting good health, posture is a good example of this.
    We need to take care when mimicking the appearance of health that we don't cut out the important part in the feedback loop e.g. {make up, high heals, synothol, etc.} < {smiling, hygiene, rest, nutrition, working out, etc.}
    I think I'm skirting into off topic so captain obvious will sign off here.

Posted On:
    8/21/2011 4:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, you make a good point. Our outward appearance tends to be a reflection of our internal state of being. But changing our external attitudes can over time have a subconscious influence on our internal states as well. It's the whole "fake it till you make it" attitude. It's not immediate, but with time and consistency, you can change your state of mind and attitudes by first reflecting them outwardly.

- The Wastrel

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/21/2011 9:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel sexier already.

Thank you, Geoff.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast