Posted On:
    8/18/2011 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 134: Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami

134: Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 4:20pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Yushin can do it. I want him to win but just don't think it will happen. The good thing about this fight is due to Yushin's style Anderson will have to engage and will not go about doing his monkey in the circus antics. So I am predicting another Silva win. But minus the whole "Steven Seagal taught me this deadly move" bullshit. Who knows maybe Yushin can grind it out like Sonnen did minus getting caught in a sub. Pretty damn sure Okami wouldn't have been caught like Chael did. Anybody know what the betting odds are yet?

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I understand it is Uncle Dana's job to hype up his fights/fighters but does anybody really think Okami is really the best Japanese fighter ever? I would place Sakuraba as my number one any day of the week. Oh Dana, U so crazy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 4:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Also, I understand it is Uncle Dana's job to hype up his fights/fighters but does anybody really think Okami is really the best Japanese fighter ever? I would place Sakuraba as my number one any day of the week. Oh Dana, U so crazy.
    Yuki Nakai was the best ever not just Japan either. I've never seen a harder man than him. If it wasn't for the eye injury, I think he would have beat Rickson. He lasted 6 minutes with him with only one eye and in extreme pain. I'd also rank Kimura above Sakuraba and Sakuraba above Okami as well.

I fully expect Okami to defeat Silva. Silva will lose sometime soon. The division is too stacked against him what with Sonnen and Mayhem.

When will we be able to bet? I plan on going all in for Okami to win.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bets ready.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    Yuki Nakai was the best ever not just Japan either. I've never seen a harder man than him. If it wasn't for the eye injury, I think he would have beat Rickson. He lasted 6 minutes with him with only one eye and in extreme pain. I'd also rank Kimura above Sakuraba and Sakuraba above Okami as well.

I fully expect Okami to defeat Silva. Silva will lose sometime soon. The division is too stacked against him what with Sonnen and Mayhem.

When will we be able to bet? I plan on going all in for Okami to win.
    Well he has still beaten more Gracie fighters then Nakai has. Not to take anything away from the guy. But you also must put into consideration the fact Sakuraba has had a much longer career and has fought tougher fighters. So I must disagree with you on that one.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/22/2011 4:13am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see it so much as Silva being so much better than Okami, but I don't see Okami being able to defeat Silva. Silva has remarkable striking power and skill, an unorthodox and talented ground game, and an uncanny fight awareness. He has proven himself against numerous high-level fighters in more than one weight class. And he still manages to surprise me every time I watch him fight.

Not to mention that is 2006 loss to Okami was due to a DQ from an illegal kick, after otherwise showing nearly total dominance in the fight. Plus Silva has been 14-0 since then. I just don't see how Okami wins.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel