Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 11:35am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    99.99% of one handed shooting is at short range anyway (as are most pistol encounters in total). If Im shooting long distance (15 yds +) Id be using a two hand hold.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe I said that I tend to go more "vertical" when I shoot at distance one handed....I use a cant when practicing one handed shooting at "normal" handgun ranges. It's not really a conscious decision at this point. When Im pushing for speed I tend to cant..more with my left hand than with my right as the video tends to show.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, thanks for the conversation fellas. I'm ready to pack it in at this point. I think the discussion has ran its course. Honestly, at the end of the day I don't think we're that far apart in our thinking. Like I said, I know we're splitting hairs.

I don't want anyone to think I'm questioning their skill, training or experience. Sometimes it's fun to examine things in minute detail. Happy shooting.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Okay, thanks for the conversation fellas. I'm ready to pack it in at this point. I think the discussion has ran its course. Honestly, at the end of the day I don't think we're that far apart in our thinking. Like I said, I know we're splitting hairs.

I don't want anyone to think I'm questioning their skill, training or experience. Sometimes it's fun to examine things in minute detail. Happy shooting.
    Absolutely man. Good talking with you.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 1:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for information.

Because of the quality of this thread and the information/discussion, I'm going to format it appropriately and include it in the Wiki, with citations, unless anyone has an objection ?

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Flyweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Just for information.

Because of the quality of this thread and the information/discussion, I'm going to format it appropriately and include it in the Wiki, with citations, unless anyone has an objection ?

Dave
    The last post I read had Ralph in spandex. I must have missed something.

I hope I missed something. :ohno:

On topic though, when shooting one handed a slight cant (11:00 or so) is much more comfortable and natural for me.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 12:16am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just going to throw this out there regarding the original video- I saw someone mention this, but it gotten explained away as that they probably slapped a camera on a tripod... at about 2:02 you can see the camera shift lift to follow the shooter. It COULD be wind, but the way the camera moves then stops quite deliberately, well, pair that with the fact the had a camera man standing on the walls of their shoot house getting footage where people were essentially firing just under him.

Apart from the antics of the shooters, the video itself shows us that the camera man is a complete idiot.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 10:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out there regarding the original video- I saw someone mention this, but it gotten explained away as that they probably slapped a camera on a tripod... at about 2:02 you can see the camera shift lift to follow the shooter. It COULD be wind, but the way the camera moves then stops quite deliberately, well, pair that with the fact the had a camera man standing on the walls of their shoot house getting footage where people were essentially firing just under him.

Apart from the antics of the shooters, the video itself shows us that the camera man is a complete idiot.
    My guess is the camera got hit by debris from his second pistol shot. I'm really hoping nobody's that fucking stupid, but like you said - with the amount of stupidity already on display, who knows?

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 12:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Beasley's Military Record

http://www.naming-schemes.org/~chard...y/na-13164.pdf

Dug up by Chuck Hardin and the POW Network. The guy apparently has no "operator" type qualifications.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....3&postcount=12

and the high road thread
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 10/12/2011 12:26pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 2:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam, the high road website thread is only viewable through registering, can you give a brief-in-a-nutshell overview of the content
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast