223868 Bullies, 3758 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 4:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admittedly haven't trained C.A.R.

Question - in one of the primary positions Paul Castle teaches, he's in a bladed stance with his weak side facing the target and he shoots with the pistol tucked in tight to his torso. Does this not reduce your ability to address targets to your left quickly?

Posted On:
    9/13/2011 10:18pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto on the 45 degree cant. It "locks out" much better for me, more like a punch at closer distances...but I find that for more longer range one hand shooting, I still like to bring it back closer to vertical.

CAR is great stuff for engaging targets in cramped environments like behind the wheel of your car with targets approaching your support side.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 5:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Ditto on the 45 degree cant. It "locks out" much better for me, more like a punch at closer distances...but I find that for more longer range one hand shooting, I still like to bring it back closer to vertical.
    If the purpose is to lock it out like a punch, why not bring it completely horizontal instead of 45 degrees? What makes 45 degrees the magic number?

For longer range shooting, why would you not bring it back completely vertical so you can employ the sights as they were designed to be utilized?
    Last edited by Devil; 9/14/2011 5:42pm at .

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point your finger at something. If you are like most people your elbow will be canted 45 deg (or so) outboard, not straight down.

I think it feels a tad more bio-mechanically comfortable.

If you then change your "point" into a pistol grip you will see the angle Im talking about. As long as you can hit what you are shooting at I could care less if the pistol is vertical or canted. Most schools I have gone to let you choose which one you prefer.

And in reality, if you watch how I shoot:

My cant isn't really a strict 45 deg. just a slight cant. Some people seem to cant more or less than others.

As to why I tend to bring it back to vertical at range...I guess it's just the way I am comfortable "getting into my sights". You can still get a normal sight picture with a cant.

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to CAR.

http://tgace.wordpress.com/2010/10/2...r-axis-relock/

Like everything else, it has it’s share of critics. Some say that the sideways stance presents armor gaps to the opponent. Others say that the odds of self-inflicted shots is increased. Personally… I see this more as a “transitional” and special use technique. Special use in situations like tubular assaults and those described previously, and transitional in the sense that it isn’t necessarily going to be the ONLY stance that you will use in a confrontation. I can see going from retention, to CAR, to arms extended and back again all within one encounter. I also think it can be useful at “in your face ranges” where the bent arms present better retention leverage and defensive options.

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW...our favorite guy Ralph is hanging a tactical firearms shingle:

http://www.artofcombat.com/private_firearms.html

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 5:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shame it doesn't mention he's a sub 50 day US Marine boot camp drop-out.

But hey, I'm only rehashing old bullshit, I'm sure there's lots of dumb fucking asses who will pay Severe to teach them how to shoot [themselves]

Edit..

This is fucking funny Ralph is offering "Clinics" in teaching a number of skills including these three which I found rather amusing:

Security Officer survival skills in church safety with church security team
    Security Officer survival skills in church security training.
    Security Officer survival skills in church security plans and church security measures

For which you'll happily rip yourself off to the tune of:

* $1,500.00 clinic fee for a one day, 8 hours clinic.

* Roundtrip airfare.

* Meals and lodging.

BARGAIN!

Church must me a dangerous place for a Security Guard now a days ?
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/15/2011 5:26am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 5:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Point your finger at something. If you are like most people your elbow will be canted 45 deg (or so) outboard, not straight down.

I think it feels a tad more bio-mechanically comfortable.

If you then change your "point" into a pistol grip you will see the angle Im talking about. As long as you can hit what you are shooting at I could care less if the pistol is vertical or canted. Most schools I have gone to let you choose which one you prefer.

And in reality, if you watch how I shoot:

My cant isn't really a strict 45 deg. just a slight cant. Some people seem to cant more or less than others.

As to why I tend to bring it back to vertical at range...I guess it's just the way I am comfortable "getting into my sights". You can still get a normal sight picture with a cant.
    Are you right-handed left-eye dominant? I've seen people shoot with this same slight angle who had that "disadvantage, I always assumed that was helping them get the right sight picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you take a look at the photos on Ralphs website you see that almost every one shows something thats wrong.

And Spandex Ralph? Really???

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. Im right hand/right eye.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast