Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2004 10:18am

Style: Relson GracieJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should have sparred one of his Black Belts, I am sure he had many there.

Posted On:
    3/27/2004 12:54pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Gracie Austin
    You should have sparred one of his Black Belts, I am sure he had many there.
    Good luck with that. I know some dillmanites and they never, ever spar. It seems to be one of the training secrets that Dilman failed to learn from his Okinawan master Oyata.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2004 3:38am

supporting member
     Style: Hsing-I, Taiji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A very respected Bagua player told me that although he didn't agree with Erle's interpretation of Bagua forms, he respected the man's fighting ability. He was a professional wrestler at one point in his career. You can use or adapt Erle's stuff to your own style, while Dillman just sucks big time!

Posted On:
    3/28/2004 7:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erle’s complete lack of knowledge regarding grappling is evident when viewing his book on “How to defeat a grappler”. It is just garbage – his example of how to do a choke by pushing down on the opponent’s throat with his arms in an x-block shows how little Erle knows.

Erle had a chance to fight a grappler when challenged by Renzo Gracie but backed out of it. I guess he’s not so confident of his skills after all :)

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    3/28/2004 11:39pm

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JohnnyS
    Erle’s complete lack of knowledge regarding grappling is evident when viewing his book on “How to defeat a grappler”. It is just garbage – his example of how to do a choke by pushing down on the opponent’s throat with his arms in an x-block shows how little Erle knows.

Erle had a chance to fight a grappler when challenged by Renzo Gracie but backed out of it. I guess he’s not so confident of his skills after all :)
    I had bought that book years ago and it now seems to be a waste of money~~~:(
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2004 7:48am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree a lot of kyusho is plain bs although if you look at it closer there are things that are well worth further study, rather than concentrating on the bullshit look beyond it and there are points that when hit right give the guy a good buzz , along the jawbone theres a small indentation hit it up and in at a 45degree angle and see what you think, the problem is not everyone feels the same diziness, i dont personaly but a lot do, so it cant be relied upon, youve gotta just use it as an in and keep on going till the guys finished, as for the no touch stuff, total bullshit!!! ive had it tried on me a few times and all i felt was bored, theres a video on this forum about a guy that calls himself the human stun gun just look at this and all will be explianed!! if your sensei does this stuff and your an ass kisser then you can fall over pretending to be all fuked up and make other idiots beleive its real unfortunatly all these guys do is give people with no real idea of fighting false hope, try doing it on a guy intent on ripping your head of, i'd put my money on the ripper!!! The finger locks though are the buisness, so much so that when the olympics first began in anceint greece there was a fighter who was way smaller than the rest named the finger breaker and he never lost a fight well not until they changed the rules, and no-one is better at them than proffessor jay his sone leon lives over here and we see him regularly so ive been on the end of the locks many times!!! trust me they aint fun! any way my point is this there is a lot of bs in kyusho but also there is a lot of good stuff unless you go out and study it and make it work for you, you cant comment on how effective it is or is not, after 25 years of judo and ju-jitsu i to thought it was all **** until i felt it, worked on it and in turn made it work, if you couldnt do juji gatame(straight arm bar) it would be a **** technique to you, but after seeing it feeling it drillling it and making it work it becomes a good technique, well lots of other things are the same all you need do if differentiate what is feasable from what is not!!
    best wishes
    Ray

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/10/2004 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the Dillman review on this thread in existance as an article in the Articles section? If not, it should be.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2004 12:44pm

Style: Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should've stayed an hour longer. You would've learned the secrets of the...... HADOUKEN!!!!

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/10/2004 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Wally Jay. . .
    his small circle jiujitsu is the real deal. Some have a hard time learning to apply the techniques, but they are not complicated. They are, for the most part, not even jiujitsu.

On Wally Jay (and others) support of Dillman (and other "masters"). . .
    For these "founders" it's part pr, part not wanting to say anythiing negative about anyone else. If it means endorsing something they don't believe in, so as not to ruffle any feathers, they don't seem to have a problem with that.

`~/

Genius

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehhe.. this Dillman review was rather interesting. I read another one a long time ago where Dillman showed his "light strike" KO's. That guy was unlucky enough to particpate and verified that there was nothing light about the light strike at all, he was bruised from the attack.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast