Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 11:21am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SuperHappyLucky7,i had killed someone with the 4-steps techniques!!!
    How do i revive him back?:D
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo
  2. SuperHappyLucky7

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 11:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping for an opportunity to have him demo his 'chi' on my, but I'd be damned If I was going to let him grab my finger and yank me around.

A fair point as well (and you made it too), is that these people paid money to be there, and believe it and want to learn more about it. Who am I to stop them? Its their time and money.

My only reason being there was to provide me information I could use to explain to my cousins that there are better ways. But even with them, I'm going to be gentle. No one likes to have someone tell them they've been taken.
  3. SuperHappyLucky7

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    liuzg, you're screwed. That stuff is permanent, you gotta be real careful! Only use it against roving street gangs!

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 11:27am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SuperHappyLucky7
    liuzg, you're screwed. That stuff is permanent, you gotta be real careful! Only use it against roving street gangs!
    Too late,the guys' roving street gang friends were changing at my just now and they all got killed by it~~~:eek:
    Weird that before getting killed they were rolling on the ground laughing til they split their sides~~~:D
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the review. I have a couple of thoughts.

First on finger locks. I don’t know what Dillman was showing you, but I went to a Wally Jay seminar a few years ago and thought the stuff was really cool. This seminar sold me on the potential effectiveness on finger locks. Jay was able to get a hold on my fingers and lead me around the room, and there really wasn’t anything I could do to stop him.

For whatever, reason the guy I went to the seminar with didn’t feel any pain due to finger locks and I was having great difficultly performing any of the techniques on him and asked Jay for help. He gained control of my partners fingers, applied a lock, didn’t get the result he wanted, and immediately moved up to the wrist and took control that way. My friend left the seminar impressed as well.

Secondly about the guy you tried to punch. Honestly I would have actually tried to punch him. There are some techniques that will only work if someone is really trying to hit you. By intentionally missing you may have given him an out. Just a thought.

One of my first posts on the site was about the worst seminar I ever went. One of the instructors of the seminar attempted to demonstrate a “no touch block”. He claimed by moving your hand in a certain way you could get an attacker’s punch to follow your hand with out even making contact. He asked for a volunteer from the crowd, asked for a punch, waved his hand, and got hit right in the face.
  6. SuperHappyLucky7

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punisher, good points.

I can understand how finger locks are usefull. What I was looking for was 'chi' and 'special stuff' that really should not work - but does.

The guy who I was trying to hit was slow. I would have hit him. I was in range, my hands were up and his hands we down by his waist. I told him that he'd 'block me' if he could get any part of his hand or arm up infront of his face before my fist got past hit head. Next time, I'll give it some thought. If I could just touch his nose or something, it would be pretty convincing.

Basically, I didn't want to hurt some guy for no real reason.

I wish I was at that 'no touch block' seminar ;) It sounds kind of fun :)

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SHL7,

I posted a link to your review here, as I've discussed Dillman on that foprum before.

http://www.itf-information.com/board...&topicid=5&s=1

Matt

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAMN, I was laughing so hard at the " standing on one leg to increase chi " comment I spit my pepsi cola all over my monitor.

This bullshit really gets to me, he takes true arts like KYUSHO and TUITE and through his sideshow actions makes them into jokes. I am looking for a seminar to go to and offer myself up as a uke. I will try to get pics.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 12:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an interesting story about Dillman and Erle Montague, on Erle's site.
    It shows that even THEN Dilldoman, was up to those tricks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2004 12:51pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wouldn't have been for no reason. I mean who knows, maybe getting socked in the face would even motivate him to train such that he COULD pull it off against a real attack in the future. That guy also needs to know that its okay to screw up, get hit, and keep going. Like Punisher said, there are times when you need the person to be really punching at you, both for distancing and the expectation on his part that he will actually be running his fist into something. In the future, perhaps offer that he don some protective gear first so you don't have to worry about injuring him?

you could get an attacker’s punch to follow your hand with out even making contact
    Heh, my teacher actually does something like this once in a while, but there is at least some contact involved. I'd say its some kind of mental conditioning, but it will frustrate the hell out of people on their first class. Doesn't always work (he's done it to me several times and I've popped him a couple) but it's interesting to examine. As a standalone, it's more of a parlour trick than anything.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast