Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 9:13am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Link to a clip of that National Geographic show where his crap failed on the scientist and he gave the 'tongue and toes' excuse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 10:40am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 12:55pm

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Link to a clip of that National Geographic show where his crap failed on the scientist and he gave the 'tongue and toes' excuse.
    Tongue & Toes...
    I am now confused, are we talking about martial arts - or the sexual peccadilloes of political hack Dick Morris?

The other thing is, EVEN IF IT HAD WORKED AS ATTEMPTED for these frauds, what makes you think a live opponent would have stayed still at such a close distance w/o doing some serious pounding?

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 1:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=BeLikeWater;265344]PUNISHER

about wally jay...the way he controlled you, was he using one hand, the palm of it? I saw it on a tv doc once where he was supposedly able to control a guy with the palm of his hand by following around as he tried to escape and applying constant pressure on the guy's one finger. I was skeptical then b/c I didn't understand why the guy couldn't get away or punch wally :) I do realize perhaps it was just to "show" the concept and even if it was a technique he would have others to fall back on as the situation changed depending on how the guy reacts. So my question to you is what would prevent you from countering his lock? Not able to grab him or punch him?/QUOTE]

Wally Jay used that as more of a demonstration of the principle of using a fulcrum. He was about application of techniques and would never hesitate to move to something else if his first technique was not effective. So, if you tried to get out of his finger lock, or if he was losing control, he would switch to another technique. No "magic" involved. He was never one to pound his chest that what he taught was perfect or best, but he did enjoy teaching from what I saw in person.

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: americanfreestylekarate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much money did you waste on that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 7:39pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    really good review. Though i'm amazed people believe what these guys tell them, and even more amazed that they still believe it after the ridiculous excuses they make when it doesn't work.
    One day ill need to find a BS seminar to attend, just for the experience.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 8:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are amazed at humans search to be as lazy and quick as possible?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 10:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are amazed at humans search to be as lazy and quick as possible?
    Not at all, I completely understand how the typical, 'easy to learn RBSD which teaches you to fight off five attackers armed with knives' could lure people in. choreographed fight scenes in film and television can install in people the belief that this is possible.

However, generating internal energy powerful enough to move cars with a single punch, using psychokinesis in fights and other ridiculous claims simply shouldn't be able to be sold to people so easily.

This is especially odd since this doesn't even seem to often be marketed as a quick way to do things (they go for the, 'sooper d34d1y' approach instead), often in these threads I've seen BS instructors being quoted as telling their students that these super deadly ultimate techniques takes years to master, as a way of them justifying why they don't work for the student.

I guess there's people who will do/believe anything to avoid a bit of hard work. In a way I'm glad there are, these threads always make for an entertaining read, lol :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 10:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIindside View Post
    Not at all, I completely understand how the typical, 'easy to learn RBSD which teaches you to fight off five attackers armed with knives' could lure people in. choreographed fight scenes in film and television can install in people the belief that this is possible.

However, generating internal energy powerful enough to move cars with a single punch, using psychokinesis in fights and other ridiculous claims simply shouldn't be able to be sold to people so easily.

This is especially odd since this doesn't even seem to often be marketed as a quick way to do things (they go for the, 'sooper d34d1y' approach instead), often in these threads I've seen BS instructors being quoted as telling their students that these super deadly ultimate techniques takes years to master, as a way of them justifying why they don't work for the student.

I guess there's people who will do/believe anything to avoid a bit of hard work. In a way I'm glad there are, these threads always make for an entertaining read, lol :)
    Thanks. You still didn't answer the question. You can substitute "easy" for "lazy" if it helps you understand my point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2012 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I did in the first three words :/

TL;DR= Not amazed at people being lazy, amazed at people being stupid.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast