Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tiger Exits the Forest

Mods - having looked though the review options, this seemed the appropriate place.

Nearly a year ago, I ordered Tiger Exits the Forrest from Bully member Dale Dugas.

http://www.bostonbaguazhang.com/

Now, having spent probably an accumulative year in China, I've seen a lot of good, bad and outright BS.

Always the skeptic, but supporting the 'little guy', I ordered Dale's jow product, advised as being the most aggressive of his line of similar products.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=100669&page=5

Originally Posted by hungryjoe
    Dale,

Received the Tiger Exits the Forrest. Thanks!

Looking forward to using it on the hands and shins when needed.

Questions

(1) Do you recommend this for application to fresh ear injuries to help alleviate blood pooling/hardening? Understanding that it is not for inside the ears, but the damaged capillaries.

If so, how do apply?

You can apply the medicine after the initial swelling has gone down. Most people will ice injuries for 24 hours and then use the liniment. Apply it twice a day. I use a little cotton ball with liniment on it to apply to the ears.

(2) Gout. I have it. It doesn't flare often but there are times I've dreamed of sawing off my big toe. Given that this is from high uric acid content in the blood, have you any knowledge of jow application to treat gout once an onset has occurred?

If so, how do apply?

Apply it when you are having attacks on the areas that are affected. Rub it in twice a day. Will help to move blood through the affected area and help to reduce the flareup. My old man has used it to help with the pain and stiffness that accompanies gout.

.....for the record....

Dale was away at John Painter's seminar when I ordered the dit jow. He advised me he was sending a second bottle free of charge due to my having to wait ten days. Be skeptic if you will, but don't doubt his integrity and all around good heart.
    I've used this product numerous times since. Not for the little pinching bruises you get from judo randori, but those big knots to the shins from noobs trying their ashi waza (foot techniques), gout and the occasional ear injury received from spending too much time on the mat.

Having had enough stitches to make a small quilt and the bruises that go with the lifestyle, I know what does and does not work. Fifty+ years of injuries, you know when something does indeed accelerate healing.

Dale's product does work for those deep tissue bruises. After applying ice packs, the jow was applied for 15-30 minutes on a rag while doing deep massage. To my understanding, deep massage is part of the necessary treatment. It hurts, but helps to move the blood. Swelling was reduced next day with noticeable reduction in color change over what you'd usually expect days after (did not affect as large an area with less bruising than normal, given the injury). Pain in area of injury was reduced due to less swelling and tissue damage (my laymans understanding from years of experience only).

Can't swear to its working on the gout as when it flares up I take an aggressive NSAID medicine and beg drugs as needed. I do think it helped. On deep bruises, the results are definitely positive.

Service is great.

Smell isn't bad. Just don't spill on the carpet or furniture.

....as an aside....

Dale always advertises that "his door is open". You can't get more open than that......

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brother,

I thank you for your kind words. Chinese medicine can help all fighters no matter the style they train, as everyone gets sore muscles, bruises and minor and major injuries.

There are other suppliers out there but I know of none who have their MAOM (Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) nor 35 years of training under their belts.

Let me know how I can be of service to you and anyone else that can help speed up their healing with my products.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale,

What is the shelf life if kept in cool dark place?

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kept in the cupboard, you can keep it for a year. Many people put it in the fridge as the cold will then keep it longer and then you can apply it to hot swollen injuries and it will move the fluids out and help with the pain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2011 6:03pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen Jow applied with a towel. I don't know how many crappy Jows are out there and I thank my lucky stars I've not been misled in my days of crazy conditioning methods.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2011 6:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    I've never seen Jow applied with a towel. I don't know how many crappy Jows are out there and I thank my lucky stars I've not been misled in my days of crazy conditioning methods.
    You seen it applied how and to what various parts of the body?

Read the review again, it was not used as a conditioning method.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 9:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale sent me his Blue Dragon oil and I've been using it instead of tiger balm or Thai liniment ever since. It is a far superior product.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joe, thanks for the review and just placed and order for the Blue Dragon, Tiger Exits Forest and White Tiger Paste...for my poor old ankles, knees and right hip...in addition to all the assorted bumps, bruises, pulls and strains I experience.

Gonna give a little to one of my training partners who has a long suffering ankle problem that he earned during his 20 yrs. in the Army.

Thanks Brother Dale.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this work as an anti-inflamitory? I have a soft tissue injury around the tendons in my biceps and forearms. It is from chin ups. It is not enough to make me stop exercising, but it would be nice to have something to make the inflamation process quicker. I looked on the site, but wasn't exactly sure which one would do the trick best. I definately want to try one, just not sure which would be best. Thanks in advance.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    8/20/2011 7:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Does this work as an anti-inflamitory? I have a soft tissue injury around the tendons in my biceps and forearms. It is from chin ups. It is not enough to make me stop exercising, but it would be nice to have something to make the inflamation process quicker. I looked on the site, but wasn't exactly sure which one would do the trick best. I definately want to try one, just not sure which would be best. Thanks in advance.
    it works to to remove stagnation which is what happens when circulations has been affected.

You could try the liniment along with some fish oil capsules which are a natural NSAID and much better digested than aspirin etc. I take 6-10 grams a day and it keeps me from being a broken down old man.

I have been busy with taking my board exams guys, but for all orders I will include coupons to take 10% off all future orders with me from any Bully who places them.

Just email me at orders@coilingdragon.com and let me know who is who.

And thank you for the kind words. I started my company as much of the commercial liniments were utter crap or full of heavy metals and other insane ingredients from China.

My herbs are from Spring Wing and Mayway, who actually test their herbs for a whole slew of contaminants.

Let me know how I can be of service to everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast