Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 1:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done?

Now, can you prove he has a 2nd Degree in BJJ? No, you said he doesn't have one.That's an answer to the question of the thread not your red herring of "does he have da skills."

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 2:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just offering a bit of information. I fail to see a reason for you to be so hostile or rude.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 2:23pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the MABS forum. There are specific standards accepted for posting here that are at odds with the other areas.

In this instance the question is "Does he have a 2nd Degree BB in GJJ as he claims?"

The answer is - no he does not

Often the case is not "can he teach or fight?" but "Is what he is claiming legit?"

In my case I hold a 2nd Dan in Ju-Jitsu, but I am very quick to point out to people and students that is NOT in BJJ/GJJ, so my claim is - on the surface - legit.

Now you have provided a useful nugget of info, but obfusticated it by covering it in "yeah he is good enough to have one but...." which is what IIF called you on

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 3:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samgrafix View Post
    I fail to see a reason for you to be so hostile or rude.
    I found your post rude and hostile.
    He has trained in martial arts nonstop his whole life. Over all, he knows more about martial arts than anyone I have ever known. He has a solid game in every facet of fighting.

Raven does not have a black belt in BJJ. He did train under Charles as well, but was too young to advance beyond blue, (I think). Raven has incredible stand up, ground and Judo. He has trained nonstop his entire life.

Alrey definitely has his downfalls, but never doubt his knowledge. He is obsessed with martial arts and has dedicated his life to it. You will hear people say a lot of bad things about him, but anyone who says he doesn't know martial arts is a liar.
    Funny, that is exactly the tone I felt from this response. Totally unnecessary and angry.

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose you have a point there. Turnabout is fair play.

Thanks for explaining the MABS. I didn't realize what the thread is for. I guess it comes with the territory.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 5:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to bullshido and thanks for the confirmation..

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 7:14pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samgrafix View Post
    I trained with Alrey in Sarasota for years. He earned a second degree brown belt under Professor Charles Dos Anjos. Charles is one of the most reputable BJJ teachers in the state of Florida. His information can be found at wolfpackbjj.com. Alrey did have his rank revoked, but not for lack of ability.
    Did you ever see Alrey speak with Professor Dos Anjos?

Did you ever speak with Professor Dos Anjos about Alrey?

Did you ever see them together?

Or did Alrey tell you he earned his brown belt under Professor Dos Anjos and was then revoked?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 11:25pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

From a former training partner...

First post on this forum and hope to add some info regarding Alrey Handrich, the man in question.

I trained with Alrey back in 2006 and 2007 at the Wolfpack Jiu-jitsu Academy in Sarasota Florida. He was a purple belt during those years and was a tough opponent due to his skill level and conditioning. He was a coach for the Wolfpack school and also had his own commercial school. His school offered both TKD and Pankration. I really have no idea how good he was in either of those arts since I never trained with him outside of BJJ. Word on the street was that his workouts were pretty tough.

In 2008, Alrey and the head of the Wolfpack Jiu-jitsu school, Charles Dos Anjos, came into an agreement to house the Wolfpack Jiu-jitsu classes at Alrey's school. It was great for a year or so and then they split ways for business reasons. Alrey was promoted to brown belt during that time span, and I can verify it because I popped into class on occasion during 2008/2009 and saw him wearing it with Charles teaching the class.

After the split, Alrey had his school for another year before closing it and moving back up north (Michigan).

I know this post is a few months late, but hopefully it adds something of value.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 11:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    Did you ever see Alrey speak with Professor Dos Anjos?

Did you ever speak with Professor Dos Anjos about Alrey?

Did you ever see them together?

Or did Alrey tell you he earned his brown belt under Professor Dos Anjos and was then revoked?
    #1 Yes, Charles directly taught Alrey for quite a few years.

#2 Yes, and will not repeat on an open forum what was stated.

#3 Yes, see answer #1

#4 Alrey was a brown belt in BJJ under Charles Dos Anjos. I have never heard of it being revoked but it is possible I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 11:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://youtu.be/7L2lP4W6Suw

Alrey vs. Steve Hall (BJJ Black Belt). Alrey has on white pants.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast