Administrator

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 9:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer212 View Post
    Actually his name is Alrey Handrich. Him and his son both are black belts. They earned them in Sarasota, fl. Seen pictures to prove it. They were working out of the local gym here, which is ran by idiots. Pretty sure it was the gym and NOT actual house of pain that you talked to (it was their number on the website). At that time they has a small room, so yeah maybe it was the owner of the gym who didn't want anymore students.
    the gym screwed them over so they moved up town into an independent building. Its under construction and I don't think they have a phone yet. Bigger space so more people. Next time youre in town check it out Im sure they would love to roll with you. By the way they are making a name for themselves, most of VALHALLA'S warriors are undefeated in amiture cage fights ;)
    Mauy Tae? Amiture? They Has? Please let us know when you can prove they have 2nd Degree Black Belts in Gracie Jiujitsu.

Thank you.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually his name is Alrey Handrich. Him and his son both are black belts. They earned them in Sarasota, fl. Seen pictures to prove it. They were working out of the local gym here, which is ran by idiots. Pretty sure it was the gym and NOT actual house of pain that you talked to (it was their number on the website). At that time they has a small room, so yeah maybe it was the owner of the gym who didn't want anymore students.
    the gym screwed them over so they moved up town into an independent building. Its under construction and I don't think they have a phone yet. Bigger space so more people. Next time youre in town check it out Im sure they would love to roll with you. By the way they are making a name for themselves, most of VALHALLA'S warriors are undefeated in amiture cage fights ;)
    Having a solid MMA record in the state of Michigan is no sign of strong technical ability. I rolled with a guy who was 10-1 and couldn't execute a guard pass for the life of him.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    11/06/2011 11:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bjj, Muay thai kickbox

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to dig at me for spelling errors? Ouch, that really hurt...

Anyways, he knows what he is doing and is an awesome teacher. He lives and breathes mma pretty much all of his life. If you have doubts about if his '2nd degree black belt' come in and put him to the test ;) If not then, :Suspicious: quit talking ****.about someone who is superior. RESPECT bitches ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2011 11:30am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to dig at me for spelling errors? Ouch, that really hurt...

Anyways, he knows what he is doing and is an awesome teacher. He lives and breathes mma pretty much all of his life. If you have doubts about if his '2nd degree black belt' come in and put him to the test ;) If not then, :Suspicious: quit talking ****.about someone who is superior. RESPECT bitches ;)
    Can you provide proof of your awesome teacher's 2nd degree Gracie ju jutsu black belt? If yes, do so. If not, leave this thread. Maybe start a thread in YMAS where you brag about how great your teacher is and issue more challenges.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/06/2011 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could simply state the name of the BJJ black belts and who they received them under.

Also please explain what Alrey and his son have blackbelts in. Unless of course you are claiming Alrey and his son are the Gracie JJ black belts... if so could you elaborate on that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 12:50pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There may be some support for the black belt claim of Handrich:

https://www.gracieuniversity.com/stu...rsChangePage=3

Listed are two handrich's as unverified blackbelts. Listed is a Alrey and a Raven Handrich.

Edit: Note that Raven is only 17. That is an INCREDIBLE age to get a BB.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 1:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    There may be some support for the black belt claim of Handrich:

https://www.gracieuniversity.com/stu...rsChangePage=3

Listed are two handrich's as unverified blackbelts. Listed is a Alrey and a Raven Handrich.

Edit: Note that Raven is only 17. That is an INCREDIBLE age to get a BB.
    Gracie University allows anyone to sign up and claim any belt they want. That is why they are listed as 'Unverified'. The 'unverified' listings on that site are COMPLETELY void of any proof of anyone's claims.

As an example, in another investigation a guy named 'Sixto Lopez' was listed on Gracie University as an unverified black belt, but it was found that he has only POSSIBLY, MAYBE trained a maximum of 2-3 years. Even then, there is no proof he actually trained at all.

Anyone can claim anything on that site's listings.

Also, for legitimate lineages, the minimum age to earn a black belt is 18/19 years old. Anyone claiming a BJJ Black Belt who is younger than 18/19 does not have a legitimate lineage.
    Last edited by Uncle Skippy; 11/07/2011 1:49pm at .

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    Gracie University allows anyone to sign up and claim any belt they want. That is why they are listed as 'Unverified'. The 'unverified' listings on that site are COMPLETELY void of any proof of anyone's claims.

As an example, in another investigation a guy named 'Sixto Lopez' was listed on Gracie University as an unverified black belt, but it was found that he has only POSSIBLY, MAYBE trained a maximum of 2-3 years. Even then, there is no proof he actually trained at all.

Anyone can claim anything on that site's listings.

Also, for legitimate lineages, the minimum age to earn a black belt is 18/19 years old. Anyone claiming a BJJ Black Belt who is younger than 18/19 does not have a legitimate lineage.
    I was trying to remember myself who it was that had the Gracie University profile as well. I'm starting to notice this a lot more in threads. People are creating "black belt" profiles on the websites of well known BJJ personalities. I'm curious, in general, if this has been going on for a while now or is this something new due to the proliferation of said sites?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 6:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    I was trying to remember myself who it was that had the Gracie University profile as well. I'm starting to notice this a lot more in threads. People are creating "black belt" profiles on the websites of well known BJJ personalities. I'm curious, in general, if this has been going on for a while now or is this something new due to the proliferation of said sites?
    In hopes of not going too far off topic, in an effort to build BJJ communities, lots of big names and organizations have opened up their namesake web sites to the general public. People can create profiles, claim whatever they want, and there is an implied weight behind those claims due to association with the larger name.

Gracie University is one example. Even though it says "Unverified", a lot of people still take it at face value. The Handrich's in this thread and Sixto Lopez in another created their profiles and I'm sure make mention of said profile for verification of their ranks.

There are other instances that are similar: Stuart Hamby on Marcello Monteiro's BJJ Coach site for example, Sixto Lopex (again) on BJ Penn's community site, etc...

Of course the very legitimate big names want to push their brand, but people are capitalizing on those names to try to gain legitimacy. I don't know what the answer is, but that is a discussion for a different thread (trying to kill thread drift).

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 6:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has been going on for a a few years. At one point, I stumbled upon a massive cache listing of these deleted profiles about a year ago maybe two. I never thought anything about it until now. Ironically, I noticed them while looking at sxito lopez and stumbled upon the deletions.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast