Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ and Monopoly would make a good combination

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2011 8:12am

Style: Judo noob, BJJ uber noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got me ticket! I'll be the one shouting "flying triangle"...

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/10/2011 8:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    Just got me ticket! I'll be the one shouting "flying triangle"...

Excellent! I'll be watching for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Things didn't go so great for team USA last night. I was up on the chess after the first round but in the boxing portion I started taking a lot of punishment, got knocked down, and my cornerman threw the towel. It was probably a good stop on his part. The corner of my right eye is now a dark purple; it looks like I started appling mascera and got distracted. Vid once I can get it.

If Gibbon was shouting at me to throw a flying triangle, I was too distracted by getting punched in the face to hear.
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 4:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Chessboxing is hilariously awesome. Although it probably depends on the strength of the commentators to make the chess exciting. Seems to be a decent balance of chess to boxing given of the 5 bouts it was 3 "tkos" and 2 timeouts. Didn't seem like there was any chance of it going the distance for any of them, so no danger of "black pieces wins".

Kudos for competing under what was basically pro boxing rules, dude! I was worried the crowd would be completely against you, in no part due to your horrendous shorts, but we managed to get some decent "Keith Keith Keith" chants going. That knockdown you took looked like it had some welly behind it, good job staying conscious! See if you can get a "Chessboxer" tag made :P

Were the corners actually people you knew? A couple of the fighters seemed to have the same corner. I don't know if you managed to see the earlier bouts, but the giant wizard bloke didn't seem to know his corner and was pretty pissed off when he threw in the towel. Was clearly a decent towel throwing call though.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 5:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd never met my cornerman before last night. The "giant wizard bloke" is an aquiantance of mine who also came from Los Angeles, also met his cornerman for the first time last night (his cornerman was the father of my cornerman). He was very upset and there was a nice shouting match in the dressing room just before I can out, which didn't help my mindset. The last thing Sr. Cornerman said to Jr. Cornerman was "don't be afraid to throw the towel if your fighter's in trouble." If there wasn't much time left in that round I may have been able continue, but to be honest I wasn't sure if I wanted to stand back up at that point so I'd say good call by my corner.

Thanks for comming out to see the event. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

edit: The idea behind the shorts was I was under the impression that this event was being hyped as a UK vs US rivalry. I didn't think it would get me that much negative reaction, but meh, it's done with now.
    Last edited by hapkido_keith; 9/11/2011 5:59am at . Reason: add stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 7:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't the American flag, it was the material. I heard one guy shout "He's come in his pyjamas!" :P
    Would have been weird if they'd tried to hype a US/UK rivalry when the main draw was a Dutchman, anyway.

I think most of the crowd were just there for a laugh, and the commentators did a decent job of keeping us entertained so it's not like anyone wanted you dead. We got to see some nice technical David vs. Goliath boxing, some hilarious chess failings in parts, and a dreadful cabaret show. Overall, an awesome evening, and cheers for being part of it! Got any plans to carry on with it? Is it a "big" thing over in CA?

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 5:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not a big thing by a long shot.

I honestly don't know if I wanty to cary on with it at this point. Chess mastery is a long grueling (and expensive) process with no real benifit besides being good at chess. Boxing is a great workout but getting punched in the head sucks. I have to be honest with myself: I'm not sure I want to get my head knocked like that again. I may just got back to training jiu-jitsu once my contract with the boxing gym expires.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ma Jong Kung Fu?

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 7:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it's spaz-tastic, but here it is:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast