225011 Bullies, 3593 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 210
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    803

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 6:02am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Wolverine View Post
    Poo. :)
    Any particular brand or just poo in general?
  2. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,178

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 6:12am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Where, precisely, did I say, "ermghoti has never had any piercings"? Where did I mention your name anywhere? Nice strawman, idiot.
    I posted most of the last several arguments explaining why visible body mods might not be a great idea. You countered. Do the math.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    No, Tasmania (where the **** did Virginia come from? Did you forget my name and decide to use a state/ territory/ city/ whatever the **** that is instead?), you miss the point entirely.
    Google "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus." I forgot the board was international.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    The weight of the majority's opinion still means **** all if I do not care about the opinion because it has no bearing in my life. If my friends and family love me, no matter what I am adorned with, do you really think I care that Mr Dicknose from Dicknose Inc ain't hiring because he saw my body modifications?
    So you agree with me. Good.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Does it occur to you that when I went looking for a job, Mr Sickunt hired me for my skills and not my appearance and Mr Sickunt is making a tonne of money because I am fucking good at what I do? And that I am productive and enjoy my job? Does it matter to my boss what I do for fun on the weekends, does it matter to him that my skin is a canvas for a tattoo artist, does it matter that I have a thing stretching my ear lobe? No, it doesn't because I am good at what I do. You didn't think of that?
    And if you're not a tattoo artist, and your boss is over 25, the first thing Mr Sickunt thought at your interview, assuming you had not been personally recommended for the job, was "what's up with this guy?" If you got over that, great. It didn't help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Fair enough, the world is black and white. A person can never be gainfully employed with neck tatts, stretching your piercings precludes working in an office and Elvis Presley is still alive and living in Lithgow. Keep the fantasy going, you're a conformist star!
    And your courageous display of your disdain for others is a beacon of hope for those with a closet full of leisure suits.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I have seen many big gauged ear piercings and neck tatts in the boardroom (boardroom neck tatts were exclusively on women because equality, bitches!). The world is changing, y'all.
    Yippie.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    "...pretty much everybody's parents houses"? Really? What year do you live in? Better question: what 1970's morality movie did you step out of?
    If you don't believe that a parent is not initially going to take pause if their kid retuns fron college with Kat Von D in tow, and that is typical in Aussieland, you people are living in a different world. I suspect this is not the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Would you treat someone differently, take them less seriously, because they are modded? If so, meditate on what that says about you. That you judge a book by its cover. That you judge in the first place. That you are an opinionated fuckwit who should stay the **** out of other peoples business.
    I assess people based on their appearance all the time. And you do to.

    That's right, you. With all of your vapid pontification, you make assumptions about somebody wandering around in dirty clothes, unshaved, with uncut and uncombed hair. Maybe that's his style, but 999/1000, he's got mental trouble. You see a woman at a bar in a bikini top, skin-tight shorts and high heels, and one in jeans, sneakers ans a sweatshirt, you draw different conclusions about their agendas. You see somebody dressed in the manner of the local thugs, chavs, or Jerseyites, and you will make assumptions about them. Everybody does. We have several threads here, dedicated to mocking out-of-shape people waring Tapfliction shirts, ffs. Oh, of course, when you do it, it's sound reasoning based on evidence, not ZOMGDISKRIMINASHUNZRAR!, I understand that.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I am talking from Australian culture, though, we have the highest rate of tattooing in the Western World. I don't know what your failed puritanical society's stance is on the topic. Guess what? I don't give a ****, because it has no bearing on me. Or do you consider that to be a big "**** YOU" as well?
    There is no other way to consider it.
    Last edited by ermghoti; 8/15/2011 6:16am at .
  3. Lil'Wolverine is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    southern ireland
    Posts
    65

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 6:31am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no other way to consider it.
    So anything other than conformity is by default saying '**** you' to the world?

    Don't buy that. Sorry.

    I assess people based on their appearance all the time. And you do to.

    That's right, you. With all of your vapid pontification, you make assumptions about somebody wandering around in dirty clothes, unshaved, with uncut and uncombed hair. Maybe that's his style, but 999/1000, he's got mental trouble.
    Speak for yourself. I don't decide on a judgement about someone until I actually have grounds for one.

    And if you're not a tattoo artist, and your boss is over 25, the first thing Mr Sickunt thought at your interview, assuming you had not been personally recommended for the job, was "what's up with this guy?" If you got over that, great. It didn't help you.
    How do you know all bosses over 25 are this closed minded?
  4. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    803

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 6:50am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Wolverine View Post
    How do you know all bosses over 25 are this closed minded?
    When i stepped away from the multi-national company to work at a smaller place; nobody there gave a tupenny toss about my appearance concerning tats and piercings. They were more interested in whether or not i could do everything my C.V. said i could.
  5. doofaloofa is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 6:59am


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Or "disgruntled Muffin".
    Pessamistic bun?
  6. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,223

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:00am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cannot believe you missed the fucking point AGAIN, ermghoti. You are doing this deliberately and/ or are stubbornly refusing to deal with the fact that you are wrong.

    I'll be really clear so you don't miss it: I don't care about your preconceptions of societal norms. I care even less about society's preconceptions of societal norms.

    When you learnt to skim read by correspondence, did you change address before you could complete the course? Because my example of Mr Sickunt detailed much more than the interview process. Just one more module, Reading Comprehension, and you might've been on top of things.

    Ermghoti, I might see a person unwashed, unshaven, blah blah strawman. There's a whole movement called Slutwalk that challenges your assumptions about how men judge a woman on what she wears and the problem with chavs, jerseyites and whatever the equivalent down here is, is that in some way shape or form those are representative of fashion styles which I don't much care to follow. If you're keeping up on the fashion sense of others in order to categorize them, guess what? You fail. I wouldn't have a clue what anyone wears, why? CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A ****. Wear what you want to wear, I'll treat everyone the same on a case by case basis. Don't believe me? Maybe it is because you are a prejudiced fuckstick who couldn't be honest with himself let alone those around him, meditate on that. A wise man once said, "a man who trusts no one is not a man to be trusted".

    If you want to categorize and judge me for what I look like, good, do so, better after work or on the weekends when I crack out my bandanna, metal shirts, chains, studs, leather jacket and have my tatts showing. Then you can make a full and candid assessment of my character.

    And truthfully, I have never seen a post with more strawman and red herring arguments than yours above. Well done. Most people try and limit it to one and harp on it but you managed an array. Bravo.

    Ad hominem: you're a Judgemental piece of dogshit, ermghoti.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  7. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,178

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:29am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I cannot believe you missed the fucking point AGAIN, ermghoti. You are doing this deliberately and/ or are stubbornly refusing to deal with the fact that you are wrong.

    I'll be really clear so you don't miss it: I don't care about your preconceptions of societal norms. I care even less about society's preconceptions of societal norms.

    When you learnt to skim read by correspondence, did you change address before you could complete the course? Because my example of Mr Sickunt detailed much more than the interview process. Just one more module, Reading Comprehension, and you might've been on top of things.

    Ermghoti, I might see a person unwashed, unshaven, blah blah strawman. There's a whole movement called Slutwalk that challenges your assumptions about how men judge a woman on what she wears and the problem with chavs, jerseyites and whatever the equivalent down here is, is that in some way shape or form those are representative of fashion styles which I don't much care to follow. If you're keeping up on the fashion sense of others in order to categorize them, guess what? You fail. I wouldn't have a clue what anyone wears, why? CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A ****. Wear what you want to wear, I'll treat everyone the same on a case by case basis. Don't believe me? Maybe it is because you are a prejudiced fuckstick who couldn't be honest with himself let alone those around him, meditate on that. A wise man once said, "a man who trusts no one is not a man to be trusted".

    If you want to categorize and judge me for what I look like, good, do so, better after work or on the weekends when I crack out my bandanna, metal shirts, chains, studs, leather jacket and have my tatts showing. Then you can make a full and candid assessment of my character.

    And truthfully, I have never seen a post with more strawman and red herring arguments than yours above. Well done. Most people try and limit it to one and harp on it but you managed an array. Bravo.

    Ad hominem: you're a Judgemental piece of dogshit, ermghoti.
    You post a lot of blocks of angry text for somebody who doesn't care what other people think.
  8. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    803

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:31am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Pessamistic bun?
    Could be changed too easily to Piss Sticky Bun.
  9. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,178

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:37am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Wolverine View Post
    So anything other than conformity is by default saying '**** you' to the world?

    Don't buy that. Sorry.
    That's not what I wrote, it's what he wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Wolverine View Post
    Speak for yourself. I don't decide on a judgement about someone until I actually have grounds for one.
    It's not about passing judgement, it's about what assumptions one starts with, based on how someone presents themselves. There's no way you take somebody in a new suit, and somebody with a hooded sweatshirt pulled over their face the same. One invites a more cautious approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Wolverine View Post
    How do you know all bosses over 25 are this closed minded?
    That was a generalization, not a blanket statement. In the US, a potential employer may disregard an applicant if they have been unemployed for more than six months. Think they wouldn't pass over somebody that couldn't be bothered to take out their nose ring, or had purple hair, over somebody who showed up dressed in a more orthodox fortune?
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,223

    Posted On:
    8/15/2011 7:44am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point missed, yet again. Man, this ermghoti guy just doesn't get it, we finally have evidence that IQ can go into negative figures.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.