I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    Sounds like anxiety symptoms. I used to get this when I was really stressed out at work and not sleeping properly, it would come on all of a sudden during non stressful activities like driving the car or watching tv at night. It was quite worrying at the time but I was able to get it sorted after talking to my GP. Just something worth thinking about.
    I always associate hyperventilation with anxiety, but it fits with my temprement, and no abnormalities detected physically

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    Dr. Now.
    And this

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    seriously don't sneak off to faint, tell the instructor that you feel faint just in case one day he/she finds you unconcious on the floor and doesn't know what the hell happened.
    Should be what every post in this thread contains and nothing else.

There is no other advice you can give this guy, assuming not a troll, then that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 4:02pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    feeling faint while exercising and passing out are not symptoms to be ignored, as previously stated by most of the people on here, get yourself to your doctor and then explain the situation to your instructor DO NOT CONTINUE TRAINING UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL!

(sorry for the caps, but I was actually shouting as I typed it)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 4:41am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have fainted about 2 or 3 times in my life, and come close a handful of times. I can say from experience, don't smoke or experiment with recreational drugs, that did it to me once. The other times were due to low blood sugar. I learned that I had to alter what I ate before a workout, and manage how much I work out. If I haven't done much in a while I know I can't come in and do 50 squats and 20 deadlifts and expect not to get hypoglycemic. I also learned that while potatoes are high in carbohydrates they are a poor choice of food before a workout, fruits and their juices are much better.

You should see a doctor to be sure that you don't have a medical condition I guess. I never did, but I figure the reasons were obvious in my case.

Edit: Sorry I just realized that this thread has been inactive for about 2 weeks. Hindsight's a beeoch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12