Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 3:59pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to wonder about why people would buy shirts like that, but now I just wish I had started a copy-cat brand instead and whored it out for as much market share as possible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 1:16am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually I'm not one to judge people based on what they wear. This is my favorite shirt :

But I make a big exception about people who wear TapouT(tm). Every person I've seen sporting douchewear apparel has been an insufferable, annoying bastard. I'm sure some people wearing douchewear aren't assholes, but I haven't met one yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 1:53am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    Every person I've seen sporting douchewear apparel has been an insufferable, annoying bastard. I'm sure some people wearing douchewear aren't assholes, but I haven't met one yet.
    RIGHT!!!!! Some of the more douchier officers we have even wear that crap under their uniforms. You can see the telltale designs peaking out from the top of their vests. As if you couldn't already tell by the excessive amount of gel and spike in their hair, white sunglasses, and untied all black basketball shoes instead of boots or uniform shoes.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 2:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    At our last fight night with two MMA fights I made sport of counting duche wear.

I got four.(It really hasn't caugt on here at all.)
    Count yourself lucky. I did the same thing, and (among males), it was over 50%. And this was at a bar where it'd become standing room only. If it wasn't public, I would've committed suicide.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 4:37am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw one recently wearing a UFC! shirt wandering through a conference center in an airport hotel - he obviously took a wrong turn at the bar or was looking for a urinal. As I sat there with my client sipping a black coffee in my fine suit with my caulliflower ear throbbing away I took one look at this 'cagefighter' and had him immediately pegged.
    - Big but mostly chubby
    - Looked like he would fall over and vomit if he ran up a flight of stairs
    - An impressive pair of man boobs (sans gyno) squeezed into a UFC shirt that was a size too small
    - Arrogant 'look at me, the t-shirt says it all' swagger
    - Not a mark on his face, arms or ears

I don't mind people wearing MMA shirt because they are fans but when they wear them because they want people to think they are training in UFC it pisses me off. That guy I saw for example, even if he lived next door to an MMA club would probably never have the balls to go in and try out a class. Just suck in the belly, puff up the gelatinous man boobs, hold the arms out because of those giant imaginary lats, predatory facial expression while fantasizing about slapping every guy around within sight... you know the type.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 6:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turns out quite a few of the local guys I work with seem to favour the douchewear. I had no idea until I started playing football with them because they normally wear the kandura.

Hmmm, Tapout dishdashes ... I think I may have just discovered an untapped market.

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 9:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Count yourself lucky. I did the same thing, and (among males), it was over 50%. And this was at a bar where it'd become standing room only. If it wasn't public, I would've committed suicide.
    A year ago people still had the need to tell me MMA wasn't faked.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 10:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trendy clothes are for douchebags, period.

Be men. Dress simply and understated. Trendy clothes will always make you cringe when you look back at pictures of yourself 20 years later.

Edit: This also applies to haircuts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 10:16am

Style: Muay Thai, Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw a tapout rashguard at spencers the other day....it took all my power not to buy it. It would've been the cherry on top of my tapout MMA shorts!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 10:51am

Style: Muay Thai / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if you train at a Tapout Centre, does that constitute you as being a tapout douche? Even if you dont wear the stuff. There's a good tapout facilty in my area with a BJJ BB (under 8th degree Ricardo Murgel) and other expereinced boxing/muay that/wrestling coaches. Really nice facility.

But it is painful to stare at the tapout logos plastered everywhere, and having to walk past the tapout store at the entrance, and the majority of people wearing tapout everything.
    Last edited by xstyle; 8/11/2011 10:59am at .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast