Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 11:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I'm not sure what's sadder, the name of the style or the fact that it looks much more effective than actual Ninjutsu...
    I don't know how much more effective this could be. the technique ideas they are playing with have certainly more potential, but the way they are training it doesn't really seem like they take it seriously enough to be effective at all. [/Personal Opinion]

the gun disarms made me lol

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 11:53pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All that arm flailing **** that never seems to get out of hugging range. Everything seems to be thrown thick and fast with enough aggression to keep London rioting for a few days, but unless you are trying to make out with the guy, it all just equals a dude spazzing the **** out at a ridiculously safe distance.

Standing on one leg to kick is stupid, I don't care how much you think it is a tool of deception. It's really fucking stupid. No leverage and a complete waste of energy holding one leg up while the other supports your weight. I'm sure we can thank JCVD for making that **** seem to look good on screen, but if I learnt anything from Kickboxer (and I didn't), it would be that those pitty pat kicks won't do ****. Also, I am aiming a solid shin kick to the area just above or below your knee if you stand there like that, pussyboy.

The kicking of the tree and tearing it's bark, WTF? Those kicks had promise and he held them back like a *****, paperbark trees are soft as. And don't get me started on the coconuts (note: not being used as an ethnic slur in this instance). I'm going to get a couple of coconuts and film my own little party trick in my back yard where I use my cock to split them in two. I have a secret: I'll use a saw to weaken it beforehand. Betcha nobody thought of that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 11:18am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Standing on one leg to kick is stupid, I don't care how much you think it is a tool of deception. It's really fucking stupid.
    I hear ya, brother! That's why I only kick with BOTH LEGS!

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 3:58pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Permalost;

Not that I doubt the utter Bullshido of anyone claiming to teach Lin Kuei, but the cock-and-bull story does go back farther than the original Mortal Kombat video games.

This book has been around since the early 1980's:
    http://www.amazon.com/Skills-Vagabon...pd_sim_sbs_b_2

I never got all that interested in "Chinese Ninja" so I don't own a copy of the book, but I do have a related magazine article from a Black Belt Magazine "Ninja" special edition that appeared in the early 1980's. I can confirm that the Vagabonds are specifically called Lin Kuei in that article. (I can't find an online image of the original magazine. I'll have to dig it out of storage to prove I've got it.)

Like I said, I have no doubt the people claiming to be teaching Lin Kuei martial arts are living a fantasy, but I would like to set the record straight on how far back this silly story goes. I can trace it at least as far back as the beginning of the American Ninja Boom. (There was history prior to the advent of the Nintendo Entertainment System!) Whether or not it was based on anything earlier than that, I don't know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12