Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 4:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kung Fu/Action movie troll scenes

Ever watched a kung fu flick and suddenly there is a scene that just pisses you off?
    And I don't mean like wire fu flying or artsy wushu fights. I mean, highest level monks who are too strong to prove their strength. Or a master explaining to his student how achieving true fighting prowess is by being a pacifist *****.

Post 'em here.

I'll start:

At the start of Tai Chi Boxer:

http://youtu.be/cOP1RF-iBlI
    4:00 to 7:30

Karate Kid 3; training session:

http://youtu.be/hgsUYFo4Z-0

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 4:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your first video is artsy wushu fighting. It's pretty much from the time period when full on artsy wushu and wire fu aka wuxia took over the kung fu genre.

That's pretty much when I stopped watching these flicks. To much preaching and flying kung fu.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read what they're saying!! There are 2 things that bother me in that segment.

As I said, I actually don't mind flying fu and wushu per se. Hell one of my favorite movies has gotta be Master of the Flying Guillotine (aka The One Armed Boxer vs. the Flying Guillotine), had wushu, had flying, had a bunch of other things, but they were done right!

**** that movie was so badass. I don't wanna spoil it, but it has a Psychopath on a Kung Fu Killing Spree.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, highest level monks who are too strong to prove their strength. Or a master explaining to his student how achieving true fighting prowess is by being a pacifist *****.
    I like how people in real life also adopt this mindset solely based on what they see in the movies.

Well... Actually they dont really adopt the mindset, because they still want people to think they're tough. They just espouse this "I have nothing to prove" bullshit because they want to appear as cool as the monks in the movies, and also they need an excuse not to really fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 5:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Read what they're saying!! There are 2 things that bother me in that segment.
    I did and it is a product of the genre. Don't ever buy original kung fu movies in Chinese because your feelings will be hurt.

Do you have the original subtitled Master of the Flying Guillotine? There is some hokey talking in there as well. It reminds me of America's shclocky 80's and 90's action movies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 5:41pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ever watched a kung fu flick and suddenly there is a scene that just pisses you off?
    And I don't mean like wire fu flying or artsy wushu fights. I mean, highest level monks who are too strong to prove their strength. Or a master explaining to his student how achieving true fighting prowess is by being a pacifist *****.
    They're plot devices. Painfully contrived and usually poorly written plot devices. If done well, they can be half the fun of watching a chop-socky kung fu movie.

If done badly, it's just a cliche.

Methinks you need to chill a bit and roll with the story.

P.S: You have a point with Karate Kid 3 though.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    They're plot devices. Painfully contrived and usually poorly written plot devices.
    You don't get it (or pretend not to).

If done well, they can be half the fun of watching a chop-socky kung fu movie.

If done badly, it's just a cliche.

Methinks you need to chill a bit and roll with the story.

P.S: You have a point with Karate Kid 3 though.
    Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I did and it is a product of the genre. Don't ever buy original kung fu movies in Chinese because your feelings will be hurt.

Do you have the original subtitled Master of the Flying Guillotine? There is some hokey talking in there as well. It reminds me of America's shclocky 80's and 90's action movies.
    I get mine off the internet. I'm not a big connoisseur of the genre, it's not like I grew up with it. I remember a while back someone uploaded +100 movies on youtube (Sabidote), but he got removed. Watched snippets from this and that, and I gotta say a lot of it felt so similiar. Them Shaw Brothers went for quantity over quality.

Anyway the subs in MotFG I had were consistent. Out of curiosity, care to post an example from that movie?
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/07/2011 6:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 6:24pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't get it (or pretend not to)

Shut up.
    I get it fuckstick.

You certainly don't.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember a while back someone uploaded +100 movies on youtube (Sabidote), but he got removed.
    He goes by mechasabidote now. I don't think he's uploaded anything new in years. You can also look for the invincible herpo and thuggofdablock. Thug's the only guy I know that still updates.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2011 8:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get it fuckstick.

You certainly don't.
    Uh oh Tranquil Suit is going to get an angry message.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast