Style
    BJJ, TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question about West Side MMA - Katy, TX

I've seen the posts speculating about one instructor or another, but does anyone have any actual experience with this outfit? They're fairly close to where I live and I'm thinking of giving them a try soon. Didn't see any legit reviews when I searched, which is why I'm posting this.

Thanks.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there are a few bullies around you, so maybe you'll get lucky.
    In the mean time why dont you go check it out and tell us how it goes?

You may want to link thier website.
    Also the threads/posts you mentioned.

Also, dont you have a newbietown thread already? If so that's where this post probably belongs.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Style
    BJJ, TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted, initially, asking about another dojo, but I'm still looking around. Didn't think about going back to edit that one. Now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense.

I would gladly check them out and post a review, but it would be lacking I'm afraid. I have very little MA training, you see. Nevertheless, if no one else speaks up, I will make an effort. It'll be several weeks, though. I'm still in Iraq at the moment.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NotThatBruce; 7/25/2010 12:19pm at .

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You dont have to do a full review if you dont feel like it. Just check them out, post what you thought here and we can refer to it in the future if we feel so inclined.

And re; adding to you other thread. It's just because the mods like to keep it to a min, otherwise there would be hundreds of threads two posts long just for random noob questions.
    I think. I'm not a mod, but that would be my reasoning.

Just remember to read all the stickies. They handy.

Style
    BJJ, TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For the Jarhead; Navy guys, jeesh

Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    Ok, answer these questions, which won't **** up opsec:

which oif? 1? 2? 17? 20?

You deployed to it? Not in support of it?
    Doesn't merit a response. My orders say "in support of." Whatever.

Are you still in? When'd you get out? Rank? How long were you in for? Notable awards, commedations and citations?
    6 yrs., 2 months, 6 days so far. As I type this I'm sitting in my CHU surrounded by a t-wall barrier, hoping a random rocket doesn't hit close enough to incinerate me, or the phalanx gets it first.

You want a copy of my 214 or my 2-1? Doesn't matter. I owe you nothing and that's what you'll get.

I have 4 AAMs, plus the regular **** that everyone gets and some ribbons for hurricane duty.

Where'd you take basic? Infantry training? What was your weapons system? 240? 249? M4? M16? M9? Mk 19? M2?
    Basic at Knox. No females in 2004. I wasn't infantry until recently. Infantry school is typically OSUT at Benning. Reclass course is 2 weeks.

M4 w/ peq-2 and cco, and M9, but qualified on M16, M249, M203, and 240B.

I'm ignoring your question about rank. I'd feel funny talking **** to you if I know you know you outrank me. Not that I'd believe you.

Btw, I don't really believe you.
    I don't give a rat's ass what you believe. But when you travel to kick my ass, you better bring your IOTV and kevlar. For the C130 ride. Make sure to scan in at the gateway so you get the tax exclusion and stay away from the TCNs. They may or may not carry tuberculosis.

On second thought, I could introduce you to a few. TB ain't that bad.

And, uh, more diet coke when you get a chance. Thanks.
    Last edited by NotThatBruce; 7/26/2010 5:10am at .

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want a copy of my 214 or my 2-1? Doesn't matter. I owe you nothing and that's what you'll get.
    If i may get a word in, on Bullshido it is generally accepted that no-one believes anything you claim unless you can and are willing to back it up.

Style
    gracie jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been at Westside when the old lead instructor, Paul Thomas was there....and I am still there with Professor Stickel. The difference between the two is night and day. Prof. Stickle is extremely professional and brings real world experience to the mat. Everyone is like a family and all are considered part of the team. Wherefore you are the guy in the ring or the guy that trains with the guy in the ring. Since Prof. Stickle arrived we have had several semenars from black belts across the US. We now have a true ciriculum that is followed by all Gracie Barra schools across the world. Prof. Stickle also has ties to the UFC and other organizations. What can I say about Paul Thomas??? You can find him on you tube laughing at a child competitor that got chocked unconscious.....need I say more? He also approved bullying

Style
    gracie jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to Gracie Barra Westside in Katy....same place ...New lead instructor is much better and all riff raffle has moved on

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year later? Really?

Style
    gracie jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah....what's good stayed the same and all crap got cut out or fired.