Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last

Thread: How is sambo?

  1. #41
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fags seriously bothered about this, because I can point to the Judoka who have won Sambo world titles and to the Sambo/Judoka who have won Judo world titles and no one will come away from it with a better informed knowledge of grappling.

    Neither sport will look better out of it, they will just look petty.

    Having trained with Russians and Eastern Europeans I know there are excellent grapplers from those countries and average grapplers. There isn't really a correlation with style that unites them, the natural badsses are badass and the natural fags are fags.

    So stop sniffing Sambo's nuts because Omega practices it and don't you dare sniff Judo's nuts because I practice it.

    Bust your balls practicing your grappling style and become the best grappler you can. And then, maybe, you will be able to challenge me or omega in a grappling contest.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,034
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You saying you can hang with Omega? Omega you dun been challenged.

  3. #43
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On stand up grappling maybe, I've never seen how good he is at that. On ground grappling, no.

    But then your question is just a wind up lol....

  4. #44

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfair including me, I've done Judo too. I think sambosteve is the only pure samboist here.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    858
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Are you fags seriously bothered about this, because I can point to the Judoka who have won Sambo world titles and to the Sambo/Judoka who have won Judo world titles and no one will come away from it with a better informed knowledge of grappling.

    Neither sport will look better out of it, they will just look petty.

    Having trained with Russians and Eastern Europeans I know there are excellent grapplers from those countries and average grapplers. There isn't really a correlation with style that unites them, the natural badsses are badass and the natural fags are fags.

    So stop sniffing Sambo's nuts because Omega practices it and don't you dare sniff Judo's nuts because I practice it.

    Bust your balls practicing your grappling style and become the best grappler you can. And then, maybe, you will be able to challenge me or omega in a grappling contest.
    Whoa, whoa whoa... if I recall correctly I put an lol at the end of my last post and thus there can't be any recriminations of a serious nature lest the prosecutor look faggoty. That is if the last one was directed at me.

    All joking aside. For me this thread was never about nut riding omega or sambo. Rather it was a weak attempt to get a persons philisophical views of that art as it compares to other arts.

    I have limited experience in bjj, yet even I can see glaring faults in the art. I train it anyways because it is what is available to me. Every now and then I get judoka cross training and I pick their brain to see what faults they see in judo.

    Bottom line? It would be nice to see some frank assesments of the strengths and weaknesses of the grappling arts from the pro's invoved in those arts. I guess it's just too much to ask that those with all the experience offer up those kind of views without it devolving into some artform penis measuring contest.

    I would love to read a detailed synopsis of what each art offered and what the philisophical differences are. I would like to see how the various rule sets affect the development of grappling arts. But people are more concerned with cock size I guess.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Whoa, whoa whoa... if I recall correctly I put an lol at the end of my last post and thus there can't be any recriminations of a serious nature lest the prosecutor look faggoty. That is if the last one was directed at me.

    All joking aside. For me this thread was never about nut riding omega or sambo. Rather it was a weak attempt to get a persons philisophical views of that art as it compares to other arts.

    I have limited experience in bjj, yet even I can see glaring faults in the art. I train it anyways because it is what is available to me. Every now and then I get judoka cross training and I pick their brain to see what faults they see in judo.

    Bottom line? It would be nice to see some frank assesments of the strengths and weaknesses of the grappling arts from the pro's invoved in those arts. I guess it's just too much to ask that those with all the experience offer up those kind of views without it devolving into some artform penis measuring contest.

    I would love to read a detailed synopsis of what each art offered and what the philisophical differences are. I would like to see how the various rule sets affect the development of grappling arts. But people are more concerned with cock size I guess.
    My cock is only 4", but hey, I thought 4" wide was big enough.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    858
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    My cock is only 4", but hey, I thought 4" wide was big enough.
    Do you find that the 4" cock helps or hurts your arm bar? I've often thought that a bigger cock might give me more leverage when humping somebodys arm.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It protects my nuts very well.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Communist produced Sambo

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    605
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    I would love to read a detailed synopsis of what each art offered and what the philisophical differences are. I would like to see how the various rule sets affect the development of grappling arts. But people are more concerned with cock size I guess.
    I can't give a detailed sypnopsis of anything as I am still a noob.

    Personal ancedotes? Yessir. Yessir, I can do that for you.

    I was training at a MMA gym and loving the hell out of BJJ, anywho BJJ class was wrapping up and the strikers were filing in getting ready to take the mats. The Striking coach who was a really nice guy and had invited me to train with his guys before saw me packing up and asked again if I wanted to stay and get my ass kicked by his guys.

    Beak: Aw, I mean I want to but I just friggin tried and blahblahblah....
    Coach: Yeah, I like that ground stuff but if you can't stand up with a guy don't expect to be able to take him down.
    Beak: o_o--->0_0

    And it was true I could get some of his guys down but not many and not often. The ones I could take down I took down because I was bigger than them. I had trained to take a guy down but it was always a quick lesson then back to jits. I hadn't drilled it enough to be able to rely on it.

    A month or two later I started Judo. Still have trouble with the takedowns, throws and sweeps but its bound to kick in eventually. Right? Right? Guys. Come on you guys.

    Right?



    I have an average sized penis.

Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO