Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 3:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    If you people keep this up, we won't be able to stick this video on "doesn't work on teh streets" patty-cake traditionalists when they show up gibbering.
    True story, I've met several people who dress in that kind of "traditionalist" garb and don't practice ANY martial art.

I'm not talking about Asians, either, I'm talking about pencil neck white kids from the suburbs who want to dress different.

Just like people wear combat fatigues and never got twenty yards from a recruiting station.

Fashion meh.

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Mountain man wins with Size and Beard. Good on him for having both.
    Yeah right? How the hell did the fat bearded guy enforce the uneasy peace there?

Got to be the beard and Buddha belly.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/05/2011 3:31pm at .

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 3:29pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    That "lady" in the pink hat looks and sounds like a transgender inmate, that used to be housed at my pen.

Small world!

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 3:33pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thinking the crazy lady has some sort of Yellow Bamboo mind control which forces others to fight for her. Other than that I didn't see any martial arts.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    True story, I've met several people who dress in that kind of "traditionalist" garb and don't practice ANY martial art.
    So now you're feeding my theoretical troll a "no true Scotsman." I see how it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 4:32pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this video should be examined for the reaction of the bi-standers. You can see how witnesses and be influenced by the emotional dynamic, and outspokenness of others. I mean really, can we get a discussion on who was right and who was wrong in this whole exchange?

Obviously the one who has been identified as "old guy" was annoyed by the "crazy" lady and her singing. There are a few ways for him to deal with this. He can politely ask her to stop or keep it down, he can even move to a different part of the train. What he chose, was to be aggressive toward the crazy lady.

Then in comes the "younger" guy, who regardless of what he is wearing; because it is LA and he could have been wearing that style of clothing for a myriad of different reason other than being a practitioner of any particular style of martial art, who speaks up for the crazy lady who may not be able to fully comprehend the situation. I wish we could hear the full exchange of words between the old guy and younger guy.

The "pink hat" lady, at this point, has already begun taking a side with the old guy, possibly out of shared frustration of the crazy lady's singing and or whatever exchange happened before the video started. Notice she is telling the young guy to sit down and behave. I didn't hear him say anything other than to tell the old guy if he didn't like the singing he could move.
    Out of whatever sense of machismo or nobleness he takes up a very poor position to try and keep the old guy away from crazy lady. The old "all you need to do is stand up to a bully and he will go away theory".

The old guy then turns his attention to the young guy. Maybe feeling a little emasculated because he failed to intimidate a crazy lady, he thought he would bow up to the young protector of said crazy lady. That's why he tries to provoke the young guy asking him,"What are you going to do?" He then plays his next move perfectly, bypassing the young guy and flanking him to feign a continued confrontation with the crazy lady and get a reaction from the young guy.

The young guy had no advantage because he positioned himself poorly against the seat, pole and wall of the car. He played his only acceptable move prematurely when the old guy starts his fake conversation with the crazy lady. Notice, he only got to, "Now as I was saying to you ma'am." He doesn't really go into saying anything. His voice kind of fades off. The young guy, prematurely puts out his hand and squeezes around the pole. He touches the old guy in the chest and pushes him back to make some space. Like he was just trying to keep the old guy away from the crazy lady. The reaction of the old guy was one that seemed he was looking for more of a response by the young guy. He took a pause to evaluate if he thought he had enough of an excuse to get away with hitting the young guy.

The old guy's whole mission from the point the young guy changed positions was to make the young guy appear to be the aggressor, as he takes out his frustration with the crazy lady on someone. He most likely would not have hit the crazy lady, but may have toppled her load of belongings as they exited the train or shortly after.

Notice it wasn't till pink hat lady got between them that old guy says,"Don't touch me holmes" and hits the young guy. It was a perfect cell warrior move. The young guy had no where to go due to his poor judgment in position. He had no egress what so ever. His back was up against the pole. Pink hat was in the way so he couldn't have moved any direction other than slide to his right. When Pink hat occupied young guy's left arm, it created old guy's opening at young guy's face. Old guy exploited this opportunity almost perfectly. His first punch was a glancing blow to the young guy's mouth. He almost missed him. If he had better aim he may have folded the young guy right there. I agree with as many hits as he got, the young guy should have had more damage.

So fast forward to just after the physical exchange, and you have pink hat trying to pull crazy lady's stuff away from her. She obviously has issues with crazy lady and is the second most vocal person in the car, but is the most coherent. As the situation calms down, you hear others on the train start to tell the young guy he needs to get off the train along with crazy lady for starting the fight.

Now he did touch old guy first, but was old guy's reaction commensurate to young guy's action. The first second and basically all the punches were thrown by old guy, and he was obviously the aggressor. I think the, negative attitude towards the crazy lady and her singing and preaching affected the witnesses to where they began to side with old guy. Near the end of the video, you even hear witnesses saying the young guy hit the old guy first, and pointing out the number of people siding against him.

Let's say for a moment the young guy really did train in the street deadly and beat down the old guy after that first punch. What would he do when the police do get there, and all these people are saying he started the fight and beat down the old guy. He would be screwed. I don't know how this turned out in that regard, but he may have gotten off light with a halfed ass whooping and no criminal charges. I's hard to build a defense when your only ally is the crazy Jesus lady on the train, who everyone else on the train is annoyed with.

This is a good example of how witnesses can be unreliable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 4:38pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Looks like this uniform:

On the back you can see a circular black & white logo. Two things crossing each other?
    I thought it looked like a yin and yang on the back.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 4:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You Said "BI........."

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 4:53pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I think this video should be examined for the reaction of the bi-standers. You can see how witnesses and be influenced by the emotional dynamic, and outspokenness of others. I mean really, can we get a discussion on who was right and who was wrong in this whole exchange?

Obviously the one who has been identified as "old guy" was annoyed by the "crazy" lady and her singing. There are a few ways for him to deal with this. He can politely ask her to stop or keep it down, he can even move to a different part of the train. What he chose, was to be aggressive toward the crazy lady.

Then in comes the "younger" guy, who regardless of what he is wearing; because it is LA and he could have been wearing that style of clothing for a myriad of different reason other than being a practitioner of any particular style of martial art, who speaks up for the crazy lady who may not be able to fully comprehend the situation. I wish we could hear the full exchange of words between the old guy and younger guy.

The "pink hat" lady, at this point, has already begun taking a side with the old guy, possibly out of shared frustration of the crazy lady's singing and or whatever exchange happened before the video started. Notice she is telling the young guy to sit down and behave. I didn't hear him say anything other than to tell the old guy if he didn't like the singing he could move.
    Out of whatever sense of machismo or nobleness he takes up a very poor position to try and keep the old guy away from crazy lady. The old "all you need to do is stand up to a bully and he will go away theory".

The old guy then turns his attention to the young guy. Maybe feeling a little emasculated because he failed to intimidate a crazy lady, he thought he would bow up to the young protector of said crazy lady. That's why he tries to provoke the young guy asking him,"What are you going to do?" He then plays his next move perfectly, bypassing the young guy and flanking him to feign a continued confrontation with the crazy lady and get a reaction from the young guy.

The young guy had no advantage because he positioned himself poorly against the seat, pole and wall of the car. He played his only acceptable move prematurely when the old guy starts his fake conversation with the crazy lady. Notice, he only got to, "Now as I was saying to you ma'am." He doesn't really go into saying anything. His voice kind of fades off. The young guy, prematurely puts out his hand and squeezes around the pole. He touches the old guy in the chest and pushes him back to make some space. Like he was just trying to keep the old guy away from the crazy lady. The reaction of the old guy was one that seemed he was looking for more of a response by the young guy. He took a pause to evaluate if he thought he had enough of an excuse to get away with hitting the young guy.

The old guy's whole mission from the point the young guy changed positions was to make the young guy appear to be the aggressor, as he takes out his frustration with the crazy lady on someone. He most likely would not have hit the crazy lady, but may have toppled her load of belongings as they exited the train or shortly after.

Notice it wasn't till pink hat lady got between them that old guy says,"Don't touch me holmes" and hits the young guy. It was a perfect cell warrior move. The young guy had no where to go due to his poor judgment in position. He had no egress what so ever. His back was up against the pole. Pink hat was in the way so he couldn't have moved any direction other than slide to his right. When Pink hat occupied young guy's left arm, it created old guy's opening at young guy's face. Old guy exploited this opportunity almost perfectly. His first punch was a glancing blow to the young guy's mouth. He almost missed him. If he had better aim he may have folded the young guy right there. I agree with as many hits as he got, the young guy should have had more damage.

So fast forward to just after the physical exchange, and you have pink hat trying to pull crazy lady's stuff away from her. She obviously has issues with crazy lady and is the second most vocal person in the car, but is the most coherent. As the situation calms down, you hear others on the train start to tell the young guy he needs to get off the train along with crazy lady for starting the fight.

Now he did touch old guy first, but was old guy's reaction commensurate to young guy's action. The first second and basically all the punches were thrown by old guy, and he was obviously the aggressor. I think the, negative attitude towards the crazy lady and her singing and preaching affected the witnesses to where they began to side with old guy. Near the end of the video, you even hear witnesses saying the young guy hit the old guy first, and pointing out the number of people siding against him.

Let's say for a moment the young guy really did train in the street deadly and beat down the old guy after that first punch. What would he do when the police do get there, and all these people are saying he started the fight and beat down the old guy. He would be screwed. I don't know how this turned out in that regard, but he may have gotten off light with a halfed ass whooping and no criminal charges. I's hard to build a defense when your only ally is the crazy Jesus lady on the train, who everyone else on the train is annoyed with.

This is a good example of how witnesses can be unreliable.
    I didn't read all this, but if you meant the crazy lady really should learn to STFU, then I agree.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 7:20pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone should go to prison, it shoulda been the transgender lady for the tragic misuse of an ugly pink hat.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't look like anything, TMA, CMA, or otherwise.
    To be fair, many people who train non-contact disciplines don't have any semblance of style when they get in a real fight. If you look at the Youtube comments section for any old UFC style vs. style video, the most common thing you'll read is "THAT'S NOT REAL KUNG-FU!!!"
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast