Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 7:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    I always thought it was funny how people claim to "know" martial arts yet still think punching and boxing are the same thing.
    They also claim that lady was singing

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read enough of this thread to know that Aikironin21 should work out more and type less and I should drink a lot of gin if I'm going to waste my life reading **** like this...
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 10:26pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    Here in California, the I believe the law is similar. There is such a thing as parody of force. Yes the young guy touched the old guy first and pushed him back. In California, you don't need to back up to your last stand, but young guy had no where to back up to. When old guy leaned in, he was within arms length of young guy. Young guy stopped his forward progress by extending his arm and then reclaimed his personal space by following through with a push, not a thrust. The time it took old guy to respond, means any perceived threat that may have existed with the contact is no longer valid to claim self defense. His opportunity to react in self defense essentially expired. Add to that, pink hat intervening, makes old guy the aggressor and guilty of battery, regardless of any of the preceding events.

The mean mugging young guy was doing was no different than a form of being passive aggressive, or akin to some civil disobedience tactics. This does two things, one it allowed him to protect the crazy lady without being the aggressor (which he ultimately accomplished despite getting his own ass handed to him), and two the old guy must move into young guy's space in order to escalate the situation. Claiming self defense is difficult when you have moved into someone else's space.

I don't think young guy should be able to sue old guy for injuries, because he basically got what he asked for and in my opinion assumed the risk of getting his ass kicked when he inserted himself in the situation. The courts here in California, however would probably reward him for any medical bills he incurred as a result of the exchange.

The issue I was originally bringing up, was how the witnesses twisted the facts of actually happened based on bias against the crazy lady. You can clearly hear a lady say that the young guy hit the old guy first which, honestly, I'm not even sure if he even through a punch or landed one in the whole exchange. Yet you have witnesses saying the young guy started the fight.

My point was that, all of us need to remember this example when conducting ourselves in public. Witness accounts won't always convey facts of the actual event. This could very well mean the difference between going home and going to jail.
    Jesus christ, first of all you mean PARITY, not parody, and second of all, guess what? Old bald dude committed a battery. One does NOT have the right to start punching the **** out of another person because they put a hand on them trying to keep the peace.

I realize there is this whole world out there of retards who think you should be able to shoot people in the face for looking at you funny or stepping on your new sneakers and leaving a stain, but it is NOT the law in California. This video is exhibit A in a prosecution against the bald asshole.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    8/28/2011 10:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    You should see what the "country boy's" do here in the US. Drinking, fucking, and fighting are pretty much a mainstay.
    They even do that with women folk too!!
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 2:31am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Jesus christ, first of all you mean PARITY, not parody, and second of all, guess what? Old bald dude committed a battery. One does NOT have the right to start punching the **** out of another person because they put a hand on them trying to keep the peace.

I realize there is this whole world out there of retards who think you should be able to shoot people in the face for looking at you funny or stepping on your new sneakers and leaving a stain, but it is NOT the law in California. This video is exhibit A in a prosecution against the bald asshole.
    Ummmmm. Have you read this thread? I know it is parity, but I type like ****, and left out a letter or something and when spell check picked it out I clicked the wrong word, after working almost two weeks of double shifts.

I know the baldy committed battery, I never said he did otherwise. My focus here was to bring everyone's attention to the way the witnesses accounts of what happened were shaped by their opinions and bias toward the crazy lady, and the young guy who was sided with her.

I'm not quite sure what your point is. I think we see this the same way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 2:40am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    I read enough of this thread to know that Aikironin21 should work out more and type less and I should drink a lot of gin if I'm going to waste my life reading **** like this...
    I agree, after returning to Kaj, after a near twenty year hiatus, I have found it necessary to add two more workouts to my day. One in the morning and one in the evening. Can't believe I gave up Kaj for football in high-school.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415