Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 3:33am

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was involved in a situation like this, right before starting my shift at the club on Sunday. Guy was tailing this woman, who turned around and screamed, "I don't know you! Get away from me!". So I ran across the street to help. Shoulda put my PPE on, because the fellow turns out to be a prison-fit junkie with a hard-on for authority figures. For two minutes we stood chest to chest with him yelling, him with a lighter in his hand, looking for an opening.

The lady got away. And was, according to him, his baby momma.

I kept my cool, otherwise I'd probably have Hepatitis right now. Had he been a regular crazy, I would have arrested him for assault and threatening death. But some people are just hard, and not worth missing a shift to go to the hospital because of.

**** being a white knight. Too damn dangerous.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    [Grammar Nazi] The word you were looking for is reckon. Recon is something that advanced scouts and other military-folk do. [/Grammar Nazi]
    Danke schon mine oberleutnentfuher *clicks heels together*

Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    No doof, I dont stick up for crazy people on subways.People that do that often get punched in the face.
    What about a realy hot crazy woman-bet she'ed go like a startled fox

On a seriouse note- It is said that society can be judged by how it treats its most vulnerable citizens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 8:56pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im gonna protect a crazy person from a big bad man telling her to stfu? Remember at no point did he put hands on her. That would make this situation different. All white knight did was escalate the situation into a violent one.

To answer your second question, I avoid hot crazy women, since I tend to allow them to live with me and they usually break my things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 3:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    Im gonna protect a crazy person from a big bad man telling her to stfu? Remember at no point did he put hands on her. That would make this situation different. All white knight did was escalate the situation into a violent one.
    This right here. I'm all for protecting the helpless in a violent situation, but it was pretty obvious that nothing would have happened if the stupid kid hadn't jumped in. The old guy looked angry, but he wasn't going to attack the lady.

Judging by the young guy's taste in clothes, he's been watching way too many Kung Fu movies and needed a reality check anyway. It's probably better that he learned he's not Bruce Lee from some out of shape old man then from a thug who'd have really beat the **** out of him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 5:56am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys. You set me off on an hour of watching subway fights on youtube. This long holiday is rotting my brain. I'm noticing a pattern here though:

Except for Mountain Man here, who brought size and beard to the equation as Phrost said and put an end to things, most people who try to break up or defuse a fight do it by imposing themselves between the two parties and usually facing the less aggressive party. This seems really stupid.

If you get in the middle of a fight between a jerk and a non-jerk, the non-jerk won't hurt you but the jerk is free to hurt you to get through you or use you as cover for a sucker punch. You're always the ally of the morally inferior party. If you're not going to pick a side and put somebody down I'd vote for staying out of other people's fights.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was dressed kinda like Baki the Grappler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 3:21am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Thanks guys. You set me off on an hour of watching subway fights on youtube. This long holiday is rotting my brain. I'm noticing a pattern here though:

Except for Mountain Man here, who brought size and beard to the equation as Phrost said and put an end to things, most people who try to break up or defuse a fight do it by imposing themselves between the two parties and usually facing the less aggressive party. This seems really stupid.

If you get in the middle of a fight between a jerk and a non-jerk, the non-jerk won't hurt you but the jerk is free to hurt you to get through you or use you as cover for a sucker punch. You're always the ally of the morally inferior party. If you're not going to pick a side and put somebody down I'd vote for staying out of other people's fights.
    I mentioned the young guy's poor decision in positioning himself. It definitely makes no sense to get in between two people who are fighting or about to fight. It's hard to predict what their actions will be. The more aggressive of the two has only one direction to attack, and that just happens to be right through you. Plus even if you face the more aggressive of the two, the less aggressive one may use the opportunity you created by being a human shield to pull a weapon. He may be emboldened by you distracting the other guy and attack with his weapon and get you in the process.

I had a good friend who's husband was abusive. He was out and we went to their apartment so she could get a few things and stay at her sister's. Her husband came home before we left, and they started to talk things out. I was standing in the living room area while they talked in the kitchen area with a dining table between us. Their conversation began to escalate and I told them they should stop before it got out of control. my friend started to walk out around the back side of the table, her husband grabbed a knife from the kitchen and followed her. I followed out the front door and he had the knife extended pointing it her. She was obviously scared and backing up with her hands out in front of her. I stepped up about two arm lengths away from him and slightly behind to his side. I kept telling her to back up to put more distance between them. I successfully talked him into putting the knife down.

After, my friend asked me why I was going to let him get her with the knife. I told her I wouldn't have let him get to her. She wanted to know why I didn't get in between them so I could stop him. I explained that by taking the position I did, he had to chose between cutting her or me. He could not easily get us both. If I had been in between he had only one direction to attack and the probability of him attacking was greater. If he turned to attack me, I could easily have stepped behind him, if he went for her, I could have grabbed him from behind as he advanced.

The young guy in the train car, positioned himself all wrong. He put himself directly in the possible line of attack, put his back against the pole, and had the car wall to his left. He painted himself into a corner and nowhere to go. His original position would have been better even with pink hat there bumping the gums. Young guy could have just side stepped down further closer to the crazy lady, so if baldy wanted to advance he would do so by giving his back to young guy. I doubt he would have done this. The talking would have probably continued, but baldy wouldn't have been able to pull off his ruse of talking directly to the lady while crossing the young guy. Young guy wouldn't have had to touch baldy and push him back. If baldy got aggressive with the crazy lady young guy could have tackled him from behind. Putting yourself in the line of fire is never a good idea if there are alternatives.

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 4:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Touching equals assault? American law is weird.
    And yet in the Netherlands it is illegal to carry a dried bulls c*ck around because it is classed as an offensive weapon. Remnants of the old days when the local cop's baton was said body part.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 4:29am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canteen View Post
    And yet in the Netherlands it is illegal to carry a dried bulls c*ck around because it is classed as an offensive weapon. Remnants of the old days when the local cop's baton was said body part.
    Nice trivia mate

by the way, you can type cock here, and ****, **** hole, **** mouth...swearing is cool

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 6:41am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AR21, I'll totally read all that later, but for now I'll just say that I was talking about pink hat lady. There's a version of pink hat lady on nearly every fight video and he/she needs to GTFO.