Thread: Oh snap.

Style
    Goju-Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh snap.

Hey guys. New guy here. I found this place while looking up info on certain MA styles and this places looks like it has a lot of good discussion.

Anyway, I'm inazuma. I've studied Goju Ryu karate for about 6 years now (only attended dojo for a total of 3-4 years, though, due to moving complications). I'm currently a 1st rank brown (san-kyu). I've studied Judo, Aikido, Kendo, and a tiny bit of TKD as well as Tai Chi. I've used some weapons but not extensively. Nunchaku and Shinai/Bokken I've used quite a lot, however.

Anyway see ya'll around.

Style
    Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome,

I practiced GoJu Ryu (GKK) for about 14 years but am without a GoJu dojo these days and just practice with fellow displaced GoJu friends from time to time. I really enjoyed the GoJu kata and mindset on fighting in close...and I always have fun when my friend, who runs a TKD school, asks me to come and spar with his students on test days (they get real uncomfortable).

Currenlty I focus my training in aikido, judo, and jujitsu and attend iaido class when I am peer pressured. Jealous you were able to find a place to study kendo...I would love to get involved and compete in that, but no where close for me to do so.

Enjoy your time on this site, I hope you find it entertaining and informative,

Style
    Karate, mostly.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yo! shito-ryu guy here, but a definite fan of the naha side :D

Style
    Goju-Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Welcome,

I practiced GoJu Ryu (GKK) for about 14 years but am without a GoJu dojo these days and just practice with fellow displaced GoJu friends from time to time. I really enjoyed the GoJu kata and mindset on fighting in close...and I always have fun when my friend, who runs a TKD school, asks me to come and spar with his students on test days (they get real uncomfortable).

Currenlty I focus my training in aikido, judo, and jujitsu and attend iaido class when I am peer pressured. Jealous you were able to find a place to study kendo...I would love to get involved and compete in that, but no where close for me to do so.

Enjoy your time on this site, I hope you find it entertaining and informative,
    Ah that's a shame you don't have a dojo. I'm actually in college right now, so my dojo is an hour away. I can go once a month tops. =(

Yeah we have two kendo guys that love to whip out their shinai every now and then. We don't really use them much these days, due to only 3-4 people having interest.

Also, wow! 14 years... that's a lot, mate. The goju kata and style is amazing to me so unless I move I feel like I'll be in it for a long time as well. The sparring and forms are wonderful in it. We spar with minimum gear (usually just wrap our knuckles with bandage wrap, same with our heels). So many bruises. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Of Doom View Post
    yo! shito-ryu guy here, but a definite fan of the naha side :D
    Haha awesome! I'm not too familiar with the shito style but I've definitely heard of it. Something for me to read on more, perhaps. =)

Style
    Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We never really used gear to spar with unless some of the kids wanted to go do a point-contact multi-style tournament.....we never really put much emphasis on tournaments though. Mostly sparring was under 'gentlemen' rules.

At my other dojo, there are students who used to be at my old GoJu dojo, so we get together and scrap and do kata from time to time.

cheers