Posted On:
    8/11/2011 3:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    No worries old boy, glad to be of help.

Be careful not to put me on a pedestal though, there's nothing really exceptional about my Judo. Its a shocking indictment of the state of Judo education in this country that a 1st dan who has only been doing Judo for 4 years is having such an impact on people when coaches across the land should understand and be teaching these basics I discuss.

You may need to put Ben on a pedestal, by the way, because as a -73kg player he's going to need all the help he can get against real men who weigh in at -100...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	See what you did there futurama.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	12741

LOL, I'm a crippled, fat former -65 kg player at -73 kg, so get a crane to put me on that pedestal and make sure there is some sausage and beer up there while you're at it.

Seriously, judoka UK has a gift for written expression that is serving him and others well here and elsewhere. Plus lots of free time, apparently.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 1:54am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    No worries old boy, glad to be of help.

Be careful not to put me on a pedestal though, there's nothing really exceptional about my Judo. Its a shocking indictment of the state of Judo education in this country that a 1st dan who has only been doing Judo for 4 years is having such an impact on people when coaches across the land should understand and be teaching these basics I discuss.
    Yeah but i train at a very recreational club. Ive started training at a more competitive club and theres a huge difference in the way they teach, they break down the techniques and correct my bad habits unlike the rec club where a technique is taught as one whole movement and theres no explaination on what the arms should be doing or the correct body positioning etc.

Its a massive culture shock, the rec club is very laid back theres alot of chatting and discussion where as at the bigger club its train, train, train, which is better cos i want to get better at judo its just all very different at the moment lol, Felt like i was starting judo all over again. But its given me alot more motivation to train harder and become more serious about my judo.
    Last edited by adskibullus; 8/14/2011 2:05am at .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 9:51am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Well you seem to know a lot about judo, but I have yet to hear you tell a joke so the jury is still out on that one
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I dont like to boast but I do well enough

I've underlined a typo Mr Perfect
    Post crap like this again in the technique fora and I'll give you an infraction for it. Do it a third time and I'll ban you from them altogether.

The technique areas are not like YMAS or Trollshido. Members are required to discuss the technique in the OP in EVERY POST. Off topic or low content posts ( for example, "Gee, that's a great Tomoe Nage") are not permissible.

Certain posters, like Omega, Sambosteve, Whiteshark, BKR and judoka_uk are given latitude because they earned it. They did this by either being very knowledgeable and experienced or by producing a ton of high quality content in the technique fora like judoka_uk.

However, this latitude does not apply to the vast majority of you. Those who have it, know it. So don't go thinking you're one of the chosen few. You're not.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:43pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Post crap like this again in the technique fora and I'll give you an infraction for it. Do it a third time and I'll ban you from them altogether.

The technique areas are not like YMAS or Trollshido. Members are required to discuss the technique in the OP in EVERY POST. Off topic or low content posts ( for example, "Gee, that's a great Tomoe Nage") are not permissible.

Certain posters, like Omega, Sambosteve, Whiteshark, BKR and judoka_uk are given latitude because they earned it. They did this by either being very knowledgeable and experienced or by producing a ton of high quality content in the technique fora like judoka_uk.

However, this latitude does not apply to the vast majority of you. Those who have it, know it. So don't go thinking you're one of the chosen few. You're not.
    Understood
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234