Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 2:59pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    It is a good job because you been consisting acting like one.
    Okay.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Okay.
    Dude STFU before you really get on my bad side.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 4:05pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Times like this I wonder why I'm still on the forums.

Every time someone with a misguided belief posts something with good intent, a more senior poster throws in a jibe, the OP massively overreacts, and then it just gets into a pissing contest. Really?

@Mister: No, you should not expect Aikido, as generally practiced, help you get fit. Keep your head down and avoid picking fights until you've gotten in at least 50 posts and lurked more. Gezere is a proven combat fighter and instructor with a matching understanding of fitness. No, I don't think the initial kick-in-the-ribs is fair, but do you really like the way things have come?

@Gezere: It really isn't necessary to rough him over the way you have. Yeah, he came in with a decidedly unrealistic notion of fitness and its pre-requisites, but you could have said so much more briefly and without the venom. I know noobs can be frustrating (as a Judo practitioner, I've seen stupid questions wear out the black belts), but wailing on them isn't worth your time.

People sometimes wonder why we've devolved into a gong sau, ****-on-everything culture over the last few years. My view is that everyone thinks that they're thoroughly right and the other guy is just completely full of ****, when usually, almost everyone is too damn trigger happy. Yeah, Bullshido doesn't need to be coddly, but it should respond to civility, even ignorant civility, with civility in kind.

Please.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 4:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oplus View Post

Every time someone with a misguided belief posts something with good intent, a more senior poster throws in a jibe, the OP massively overreacts, and then it just gets into a pissing contest. Really?

@Mister: No, you should not expect Aikido, as generally practiced, help you get fit. Keep your head down and avoid picking fights until you've gotten in at least 50 posts and lurked more. Gezere is a proven combat fighter and instructor with a matching understanding of fitness. No, I don't think the initial kick-in-the-ribs is fair, but do you really like the way things have come?

@Gezere: It really isn't necessary to rough him over the way you have. Yeah, he came in with a decidedly unrealistic notion of fitness and its pre-requisites, but you could have said so much more briefly and without the venom. I know noobs can be frustrating (as a Judo practitioner, I've seen stupid questions wear out the black belts), but wailing on them isn't worth your time.

People sometimes wonder why we've devolved into a gong sau, ****-on-everything culture over the last few years. My view is that everyone thinks that they're thoroughly right and the other guy is just completely full of ****, when usually, almost everyone is too damn trigger happy. Yeah, Bullshido doesn't need to be coddly, but it should respond to civility, even ignorant civility, with civility in kind.ed
    Please.
    What bullshido forum did you used to post on? This reaction occured when I joined six years ago and the gong-sau attitude has not changed. If anything there are more posters willing to help an Aiki-bunny or a kung fool than ever before.

There are multiple forums with the civility you crave why you want bullshido to change IDK.

Actually, as I seem to say every couple of years, I can find this exact complaint starting at about 2003 and we get one every year.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How would you go about creating a "sparring all the time" atmosphere at the aikido dojo?
    Ask Kenjii Tomiki, but don't let the "real aikido" people know you did that.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 4:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you truly wanted to help you would at least elaborate, these short statements that really offer nothing isn't what I need...
    I gave you the courtesy (yes, COURTESY) of letting you know you smell like crap. I can't be more helpful than that because I'm not going to wipe your ass. I suggest you ask your parents for help because you've made it obvious you don't know how.

(In case you were wondering: this post was condescending - not the first one. See the difference?)

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    ATTN TOM KAGAN

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 4:59pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oplus View Post

Please.
    I don't, no, it wasn't my intention to quarrel with anyone. It just happened, he seems to be infuriated by arguing if I really wanted to quarrel I could have just kept provoking him when he told me to shut the **** up it's the easiest thing in the world, but I really didn't.

I didn't mock his martial arts or fitness expertise I only said he didn't know enough about me to pass judgement about my decisions as bad ones and not respect them. The last thing I'd do is make light of an instructors experience when mine is so little.

This may sound juvenile but: He started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I gave you the courtesy (yes, COURTESY) of letting you know you smell like crap. I can't be more helpful than that because I'm not going to wipe your ass. I suggest you ask your parents for help because you've made it obvious you don't know how.

(In case you were wondering: this post was condescending - not the first one. See the difference?)
    Oh...I get it now...
    Last edited by Mister; 8/03/2011 5:04pm at .

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 5:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...I only said he didn't know enough about me to pass judgement about my decisions as bad ones and not respect them.
    Yes, he does know enough about you to "pass judgement on" your "decisions as bad ones and not respect them." It is you who does not know enough about yourself to understand this.

(In case you are keeping score: this post is not condescending, though this part in parentheses can be taken as such.)

ATTN TOM KAGAN

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 5:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps I'm the wrong person to say this but.. I wish there was some automated process whereby anyone joining this forum, where they add "aikido" to their style field, gets a fist in their teeth which comes out of their monitor, then, when said aikidoka chooses to look at the screen there's a bold statement which reads something like...

DON'T POST STUPID
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 5:22pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That aikidoka is you, isn't it Dave.....
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast