Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 7:22am

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slideyfoot View Post
    The UK BJJ community is not large, so an English black belt is still big news, always appearing on the main UK BJJ forum, the aforementioned European Fight Network. I've never heard of this guy and there is no mention of him on the EFN.

I'd suggest you also start a thread in the BJJ police bit of the EFN, here.
    IF it turns out he is making the claim that he is a BJJ black belt, or even if it looks as though he is passing himself off as one privately in conversation, then I agree with you. But it hasn't been confirmed that he is doing this yet.

I sent an e mail (above) to them, and I've just received a delivery notification. So, hopefully before too long we'll have some answers from the man himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 7:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Additionally, I'm away with the wife for a long weekend in Normandy from tomorrow morning. Hopefully, he will reply before we leave, otherwise I'll check and post next Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be without internet access while I'm there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2011 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, a little later than billed due to work and family commitments blah blah blah.

No response from Mr Lawson as yet, so I've sent him another e mail, being up front about what's going on, and inviting him to join in the discussion:

Dear Master Lawson, once more, I hope my e mail finds you well.

I am writing this e mail as a follow up to a previous e mail, sent to the same address, to which i received no reply. In the earlier e mail, i inquired about your background in Martial Arts.

I wish to inform you that a thread has been opened concerning your credentials as a martial artist on the website Bullshido.

Bullshido is an online community of training martial artists and martial arts enthusiasts, but it's primary reason for being is as a martial arts consumer watchdog. In brief, it attempts to weed out frauds and fakes from martial arts instruction, thereby making sure that the public is not duped into parting with their cash or devotion, and handing it to unscrupulous hucksters. Please note that I am NOT suggesting you are a fraud, fake, or huckster.

If you google 'Master Ryan Lawson' you will notice that the first result you get is the Bullshido thread questioning your legitimacy. Obviously, from a consumers perspective, this reflects very poorly on you. I'm sure you'll agree with me that it would be much more favourable if new students were confronted with a frank discussion in which your qualifications are openly confirmed for everyone to see, thereby adding instant legitimacy to any martial arts related claim you make, rather than detracting from it. Thankfully, I can offer you just such a resolution, provided you are what you claim.

I would like to cordially invite you, particularly, and members of your school in general to partake in the discussion on Bullshido, which can be found at the following address:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108067

I post under the username battheo, and I will be posting the contents of this e mail on the forum to update other interested parties. I would strongly urge you to respond there, but if you'd rather reply to me personally via e mail, you are welcome to do so. Please be aware, however, that I will likely post your e mail on the aforementioned website. I would also like to inform you that the threads at Bullshido DON'T get deleted, so, for as long as the site exists, that thread will show up under your name in search engines on the net. You can, however, fill that thread with verifiable, positive, information about yourself if you are able, and see fit, to.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Kind Regards,

Theo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123