Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Australia : Kevin Hawthorne - A big BS ninja school = big problem

Hey all I'm from Australia and I am currently learning muay thai. A year ago I joined a ninja school called kevin hawthorne ninja schools being the idiot back then I thought being a ninja would be so cool. Now I know people already know what type of fraud he is but up to this day schools of his are still running. The classes are small but everyone there including instructures put down any martial art besides there saying how much better theres is or how other martial arts don't work in real life. It even cost money to grade belts $40 austrailian dollars for 1 stripe or $50 austrailian dollars for 2 stripes. Usually students quit after a while in my time whenever someone quit the class and the teacher would put the person down saying he was a wuss and sucked and can't be a ninja. Whenever someone mentioned another martial art they are interested in the instructor ended up teachin moves and saying how better it is than the other arts version. After 1 term (3 months) I decided to quit my friend who is still doing ninja classes says everyone there teases me now saying I quit because I can't handle ninja school. I quited after reading many articles on ninja schools from this site too and started muay thai which i studied is real and effective. here is the site www.khninja.com check it out many schools are still out there and is more expensive than most martial arts schools. Thankyou for your time and...HEY EVERYBODY!

Style
    Muay Thai, some BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where was the school?

I had a similar sort of thing when I went to one of his schools then quit. Unfortunately I still have a couple of friends who go to one of his schools. You'd think being beaten by me when I had two weeks of BJJ experience would have disillusioned them a little towards 'B31ng N1nj4z!!!1!1'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontan937
    Where was the school?

I had a similar sort of thing when I went to one of his schools then quit. Unfortunately I still have a couple of friends who go to one of his schools. You'd think being beaten by me when I had two weeks of BJJ experience would have disillusioned them a little towards 'B31ng N1nj4z!!!1!1'
    Well majority of them are in victoria they have a few locations dandenong primary and knox were the ones I went too

Style
    Muay Thai, some BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to the one in Berwick. One of the guys who started coming along had gone to Dandenong.

Did your ones have any sparring and whatnot?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes we had a little bit of sparring but we had to buy sparring gloves. What was it like for you at the school? Oh btw I spar with my friend who still goes there and he can't fight properly even while hes been there for about 1 year and a few months.

Style
    Muay Thai, some BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We didn't need gloves. But what little sparring we had was very weak (light contact/point sparring type stuff.) The only time it was decent was when it was grappling, and even then nobody had enough skill to actually do anything much.

I spar with two of the guys from there and it's the same sort of thing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes the sparring was terrible I'm surprise the place is still running! everyone there treats ninjutsu like a religion I even hear some of them telling the teacher they beat someone up using ninjutsu and the teacher seems to find stories funny and doesn't care if they fight someone.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard about this guy when doing bujinkan. He's from New Zealand and has a training background in TaeKwonDo. He decided to call himself a ninjer and open up ninjer schools. A guy I knew was once approached by one of KH's students who informed him that "KH is Australia's foremost expert on ninjitsu."

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muay Thai 4lyf
    I even hear some of them telling the teacher they beat someone up using ninjutsu and the teacher seems to find stories funny and doesn't care if they fight someone.
    The Cobra Kai of ninjerism?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I heard about this guy when doing bujinkan. He's from New Zealand and has a training background in TaeKwonDo. He decided to call himself a ninjer and open up ninjer schools. A guy I knew was once approached by one of KH's students who informed him that "KH is Australia's foremost expert on ninjitsu."
    wow just wow... this whole ninja thing in australia is getting out of hand. Too think people still do it. Google kevin hawthone and under his site is pretty much forums that are proving how much of a fraud he is.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last