Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 11:50am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    Think about what this means for natural selection into MMA, bigger foreheads every UFC.

This is the future you dream of:

It's just not right. Frankly, MMA is gay enough without having people touching nicole kidman.
    I'd love to touch Nicole Kidman...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 11:56am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Over the years, I'd say the bulk of contested decisions have been doctor stoppages due to cuts and the like.
    Definately gonna have to disagree with that. Since UFC 1, and granted fights didn't really get stopped for anything other than a beatdown back then, I can only think of a few fights that have stopped due to a cut. I think everyone here can mention several fights with contested decisions in just the last year.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much do you think it'd change the game if they were legal? They're legal in lethwei but they've never really been decisive in any of the videos I've seen. Then again, they don't fight on the ground.
    When guys like Mark Coleman and Brian Johnston talk about their fights back in the day, they usually say that allowing headbutts pretty much meant they could throw the top game of jiu-jitsu out the window. Coleman acknowledges, though, that he never fought any high-level jiu-jitsu guys early on in his career.

I think the game would change if headbutts were allowed again. Jon Jones actually tested the waters by throwing headbutts to Ryan Bader's chest, but got called out for it. Stuff like headbutts and rabbit punches were common back in the day, and fighters probably would have been trying to develop their use over the years had they been legal.

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 2:16pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are Head butts banned? To stop Glaswegians from employing their natural default setting...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 3:18pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They removed them so the sport could grow, as has already been stated. Take a look at Daido Juku, it is just not getting very much growth(except in Russia) and I think it is due to the less rules. Fights get ended in Daido Juku matches by headbutt, but it would not draw a crowd like the UFC or any other Unified MMA sanctioned event. JMHO.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    No it is none of your ABC things. It is dumbass sanctioning that went on in the early Zuffa days when they were trying to get MMA sanctioned by the most states possible. Same reason for the utterly retarded 12-6 elbow rule.
    Actually, Zuffa had nothing to do with it. They weren't involved with the UFC until more than a few years afterward.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123