Thread: Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training

Not sure if I am posting this in the right thread... What is the etiquette for training at different places? I've heard different things from different people. I like where I am and plan on staying there but i would also like to train with different people so I don't get stagnant in one or more areas. Does anyone have any suggestions for good bjj schools in RI or Southern MA?

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're training across styles I don't see an issue with it.

If you're training at a second school, within the same style, it's nice to let both instructors know. Especially if you're competing.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Your post is very vague (different places, different people), so answers will be as well. What styles and places and people are you talking about?

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying that you train bjj currently but want to train in another place that might concentrate on different skill sets? I am not 100% certain what your question is.

By Southern MA do you mean south shore or Central Southern MA? Cause Worcester has two excellent bjj schools, and I know that there are some big name schools in Marlboro and Framingham as well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for being vague. I want to train bjj at more than one place. I have no problem letting instructors know that I am not training solely with them. I'm interested in learning the art as opposed to learning allegiance (probably sounds much more selfish that it is meant to be).

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I hear, its a little bit of a breach of etiquette in Brazil, but in the US I dont think anyone cares as long as you pay your money. Where are you looking to train?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anywhere that has a decent instructor and participants

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The last place I trained at before the accident was Simmler Jiu-Jiutsu/Worcester MMA. Dan is a top judo/bjj competitor, they have a dominant competition team in grappling and are starting to develop their mma program. I would recommend the place to anyone in the area

http://www.simmlerbjj.com

Also there is a Marco Alvan/Gabriel Gonzaga school that I've heard nothing but good things about, but I haven't gone there personally.

http://gabrielgonzagabjj.com/