Posted On:
    7/30/2011 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

W. E Fairbairn close combat

Hey there,

Ive recently got into the W.E Fairbain Close Combat and have been reading the All-In FIghting book. I like what I see in it and It seems to be very simple and effective.

I was just wondering if anyone knows much about it and if there are instructors teaching this stuff, or has most of it just been incorporated into alot of rbsd systems that are around now.

I do recognise alot of the techniques and theorys from stuff ive done before.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Tom

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a small but active international community of instructors who have either revived the Fairbairn system as a whole or are teaching elements of it in an RBSD context. Google should take you where you need to go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 8:00pm

Style: Krav Maga, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJutsu View Post
    Hey there,

Ive recently got into the W.E Fairbain Close Combat and have been reading the All-In FIghting book. I like what I see in it and It seems to be very simple and effective.

I was just wondering if anyone knows much about it and if there are instructors teaching this stuff, or has most of it just been incorporated into alot of rbsd systems that are around now.

I do recognise alot of the techniques and theorys from stuff ive done before.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Tom
    howdy,
    do yourself a favor and google Carl Cestari. Hope it helps!

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/05/2011 10:03am

Style: judo, parenting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As the OP is in England, look up Dennis Martin and the Liverpool Gutterfighters, as they are an active group still working form these teachings. Carl was an incredible martial artist, and DVDs are available of much of his stuff, but he sadly passed away several years ago, making "live training" with him impossible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2013 9:00am

Style: Escrima, JKD, Iaido, LINE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    As the OP is in England, look up Dennis Martin and the Liverpool Gutterfighters, as they are an active group still working form these teachings. Carl was an incredible martial artist, and DVDs are available of much of his stuff, but he sadly passed away several years ago, making "live training" with him impossible.

I second this, the Liverpool Gutterfighters are a great bunch. My friends dad used to train with them, great guys...and they know their stuff.
    I remember their situational control techniques were very solid.