Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 1:01pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MuscleTech Ababolic HALO w/protein

I recently started taking a post-workout recovery supplement for the first time, MuscleTech Anabolic HALO. Traditionally, after a workout, I take two servings of protein (used to be ON, but due to availability I am now taking Synth-6). The combination of taking both the recommended three servings of HALO and two servings of protein is making me stomach feel quite full. Does anyone have experience taking both a protein and recovery supplement after lifting, or perhaps even specific knowledge of HALO? I know recent 'research' recommends one take their protein immediately after your workout, but obviously you want to do the same for recovery supp. Additionally, how do people implement this with their daily diet? Do you still eat dinner within an hour or two of consuming supplements? I am quite limited with my diet as I am on a Marine base in Afghanistan, and subject to meals at the DETFAC.

Thanks all

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 1:05pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    addendum: I just read a post on BodyBuilder.com from one of its registered users stating he hasn't used Anabolic HALO, but reccomends starting taking it during the last set or two of your workout, then take the protein shortly after the workout. Any thoughts on this? I am a noob when it comes to supplements; I've taken protein for years, and did creatine monohydrate for awile, but that's it. Thanks again.