Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knuckles not positioned like normal? Unable to find advice anywhere.

Most people who train striking as a primary part of their life, know how the knuckles are set-up. If you take a flat ruler, it will either be level on the 1st two knuckles, or the last 3. However, at a young age my right middle knuckle was crushed. Therefore, on my right hand, the ruler is level on my first 3 knuckles, and level on my last 2. And, at first I thought this amazing, cause now I have my 2 strongest knuckles, AND my ring finger to land a punch on. But over time, the index finger began to push outwards more and more..away from its neighbouring middle finger. And now often times my middle knuckle is catching the brunt of it, and it soft peices of bone in their. My 2 questions are, is there anyway to condition soft peices of bone? Or any way to slowly start pushing my index finger back? This has been on my mind for years, as I've not yet found an answer. Any help would be unexplicably appreciated.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 2:40pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you training with gloves? What size/weight?

Are you wrapping your hands? If so, what wrap style are you using (how are you wrapping them)?

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 5:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I am conditioning my hands I am bareknuckle or bag gloves(4/6oz)(depending how my hands are doing.) When I am training or doing rounds on the bag(14oz gloves), with all my power going into it. My hands are wrapped with 150' wraps, and as to what wrap style? I wouldn't know the name of it, but my hand is quite firm in the wrapping as a retired professional boxer who was a Canadian Army Boxing Champion showed me the best way for my hands, never told me a name for it though.