11/25/2011 3:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorei-Ryu/Goju-Ryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    Allow me to be the first to say,,,

WUT?????
    Problem? Please, look it up before giving another drivel response.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @PowerfulFellow

Isn't that "judo-like" technique you refer to called juijitsu?

Correct me if I'm wrong

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 7:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulFellow View Post
    Problem? Please, look it up before giving another drivel response.
    you are the one who posted drivel. you come from orlando, is english your first language?

judo techniques were derived from jujutsu techniques. many were altered to make them safer for uke.

you need to read more and post less.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A variation of Judo was using my samurai under close combat where a katana was rendered useless. Needless to say, the samurai would use this Judo-style to throw their opponent to the ground, in an attempt to land them, and all their heavy armor ****, on their necks. The idea was to end the battle in one fell swoop of one said Judo-like technique.
    I would ask you to come up with some proper historical proof that this was ever a part of samurai battle tactics, but I know all you will do is post a link to a geocities site with an awful colour scheme and a wall of poorly spell checked text.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 1:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorei-Ryu/Goju-Ryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    @PowerfulFellow

Isn't that "judo-like" technique you refer to called juijitsu?

Correct me if I'm wrong
    No, you guys got me there. Jujutsu was the word I was looking for. You'll have to excuse the my non-specific wording/ignorance, but I'm sure we can all agree that judo-like techniques can serve as a liable synonym. Just as saying a dirtbike is "motorcycle-like" (when referring to cruisers/crotch-rockets). Jui jutsu was the wording I was looking for, no argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you are the one who posted drivel. you come from orlando, is english your first language?

judo techniques were derived from jujutsu techniques. many were altered to make them safer for uke.

you need to read more and post less.
    My posting was drivel because I used the word drivel as an adjective? If so, sorry my grammar tweaked a nerve. If it was my non-specific wording, well I covered that. "Judo-like" technique is in the ball park of the word jui-jutsu, so let's not get hung up on wording and focus on my main point:

Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I would ask you to come up with some proper historical proof that this was ever a part of samurai battle tactics, but I know all you will do is post a link to a geocities site with an awful colour scheme and a wall of poorly spell checked text.
    Well, I assume you are a black belt in Judo, so I am surprised you do not know this yourself. If you're going to argue that it was ju-jutsu used and not Judo in samurai battle tactics, then you are correct. But do not forget that I wrote "JUDO-like," and meant jujutsu, because jujutsu is unarguably "JUDO-like." My original post was to acknowledge that these variations, thus "JUDO-like," ju-jutsu techniques were indeed deadly, and although made SAFER, are still not entirely SAFE.

Here is the geocites site with an awful color scheme and a wall of poorly spell checked text as historical proof that "JUDO-like" techniques were used as a part of samurai battle tactics.

EDIT: If you don't consider the National Geographic as a credible source, well, I'm unsure what your definition of "credible" is.
    Last edited by PowerfulFellow; 11/25/2011 2:04pm at . Reason: Additional Information on Source

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 2:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you guys got me there. Jujutsu was the word I was looking for. You'll have to excuse the my non-specific wording/ignorance, but I'm sure we can all agree that judo-like techniques can serve as a liable synonym. Just as saying a dirtbike is "motorcycle-like" (when referring to cruisers/crotch-rockets). Jui jutsu was the wording I was looking for, no argument there.

My posting was drivel because I used the word drivel as an adjective? If so, sorry my grammar tweaked a nerve. If it was my non-specific wording, well I covered that. "Judo-like" technique is in the ball park of the word jui-jutsu, so let's not get hung up on wording and focus on my main point:

Well, I assume you are a black belt in Judo, so I am surprised you do not know this yourself. If you're going to argue that it was ju-jutsu used and not Judo in samurai battle tactics, then you are correct. But do not forget that I wrote "JUDO-like," and meant jujutsu, because jujutsu is unarguably "JUDO-like." My original post was to acknowledge that these variations, thus "JUDO-like," ju-jutsu techniques were indeed deadly, and although made SAFER, are still not entirely SAFE.

Here is the geocites site with an awful color scheme and a wall of poorly spell checked text as historical proof that "JUDO-like" techniques were used as a part of samurai battle tactics.

EDIT: If you don't consider the National Geographic as a credible source, well, I'm unsure what your definition of "credible" is.
    Go away.

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 2:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 3:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus fucking wept...

Is it school holidays or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 4:11pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Jesus fucking wept...

Is it school holidays or something?
    Thanksgiving here in the US. Most kids have been out of school since last Wed.

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 4:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh! I was trying to work it out, I thought that the Christmas holidays can't possibly have begun yet.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast