Posted On:
    4/16/2011 9:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for Tai Chi in Boulder

Greetings,

I'm looking for a place in Boulder, CO where I can learn a slow set(ideally yang style from what I know) of Tai Chi. I have little interest in it's physical martial arts application as much as the meditation aspect. I'm simply looking for something kind of fun and challenging that I can do every day when I wake up.

Also, please no mention of the Shaolin Center if said school even exists anymore. I guess my other caveat is to be trained by someone who isn't bat **** fucking crazy or sexually abuses people. I just want to be taught by/with some really nice laid back people. I was lucky enough to find such a place in downtown Phoenix but after moving back to Boulder I never found a decent place.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to the mod who moved this here(realized I posted it in the wrong place later). I could really use a couple of suggestions if anyone has first hand experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 6:12am

Style: tai chi chuan, poekoelan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first teacher moved out that way someplace, not exactly sure where. His name is Bob Iden just in case he's close. Other than that, http://www.williamccchen.com/teachers.htm is a list of instructors certified by William CC Chen, maybe one of them is close to you. These people would most likely be the real thing.

Posted On:
    1/16/2012 6:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could try Mei Luo Juan who teaches Chen Style Tai Chi in Boulder. She is nice and laid back and will give you a short form you can do before you wake up as you suggest. Have a look at her website: http://www.meitaichi.com. Good luck with the training :0)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 12:12pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDo View Post
    I was lucky enough to find such a place in downtown Phoenix but after moving back to Boulder I never found a decent place.
    Sorry I can't advise as to a good place in Boulder, (and you've already noted the warnings I could give), but I am curious as to who you found in downtown Phoenix, and what more you could say about them.