Administrator

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 6:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    That's actually not fair to say. Most LEO organizations require a college degree to become a police officer.
    Stats by state stats please because, I know it isn't true in the two states I lived and the one I visited.

Now, if you are talking about the alphabet soup orgs you are correct. Since he is talking about COPS I have no clue where you got this idea.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 6:53pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have the time to look up 50 different state police departments. Much less hundreds or thousands of counties, and even more local. Note that I didn't say Bachelor's degree. In many, I know that it's a plus but not a requirement. But, at the state level, most states require an Associate's degree at least. Off hand, I can tell you that Texas and California do, and San Antonio PD requires a full Bachelor's.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 7:02pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    In many, I know that it's a plus but not a requirement.
    Right thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by All Dice View Post
    There seem to be a lot of doctors/Ph.Ds in my local church and BYU utah is a pretty damn good private university.
    ...and?

There seem to be a lot of doctors/Ph.Ds in my parents local church and Baylor University is a pretty damn good private university
    Fixed.

You do know that there are doctors/PhDs that believe in no touch KOs?

Religion, just like esoteric martial arts, makes people equally stupid. We just do things like this:
    There seem to be a lot of doctors/Ph.Ds in my local church and BYU utah is a pretty damn good private university.
    So our brand isn't ridiculed.

Like I said, "****. They are equally stupid."

Let's not go the "OMG education means someone isn't stupid" route.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kip,

Don't listen to these people. They're deluded, thinking their years of training in an alive manner mean they know the truth.

Follow your dream.

I once pulled the eyes out of my sister's doll.

OK

I used a screwdriver, but only because my fingers wouldn't fit the eye sockets.

There is a downside to this type of training.

Yesterday I poked my finger through the toilet paper while wiping my ass.

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 7:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allyoupeople arfucking doubters amd mockers an intermal martialarts is real yo an you don't even know, istall a fucking joke you goddamn keybaord warriors!!! **** my, sify could totally kick all yo asses bitches, lolz and its all like damn thats the true power of kung fu like when my sifu was a kid he got attacked by like this big dude and because he practice iron sand palm he was all like melting his attacks and **** yo an he use his chi to channel his dantian an this dude was all trained in southern shaolin bak fu pai an all that **** but he fucking lost because his wei lu was blocked an **** an seriously all you bitchez got nothing on him an **** and a few years back I heard he was training in japan and **** an all like got him a black belt in ninjitsu an **** and he was fucking badass and kan kick all yo asses an **** cuz bjj is so fucking gay, an this one time this fucking boxer came to the kwoon an sifu totally kicked his ass an it was fucking awesome cuz he was all like crying an **** an sifu blocked his niwan point with his chi an **** and he was all like dead inside but sifu had mercy and told him to eat a special herb and his chi was unblocked and then he used his heaven hand to unclog his blockage and heal him an ****. **** yea! Internal marshial arts is real dumbasses. SYSTEMA FOR LIFE!!!
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 7:15pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Right thanks.
    To clarify, in the line you quoted, I meant that a Bachelor's is a plus but not a requirement, while an Associate's is still a requirement.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 7:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's fine you are speaking from your state and experience that's all I needed clarified. I thought something may have changed nationally and recently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 10:23pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrat View Post
    My sister-in-law is a Phd organic chemist. 3 of the 5 doctors on her research team are creationists.

My jaw nearly hit the floor when she told me that. Some people seem to have endless capacity for compartmentalisation.
    Intelligent people are really good at finding rationalizations for beliefs they didn't arrive at through reason. Organic Chemistry doesn't require evolutionary theory to work after all, so it doesn't really handicap their efforts.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...e-believe-weir

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2011 1:20am

Style: BAWXIN'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Fixed.

You do know that there are doctors/PhDs that believe in no touch KOs?

Religion, just like esoteric martial arts, makes people equally stupid. We just do things like this:
    So our brand isn't ridiculed.

Like I said, "****. They are equally stupid."

Let's not go the "OMG education means someone isn't stupid" route.
    Actually I'm a fan of the cougars, didn't even know it was mormon run until one of my friends went there for music.

The no touch KOs are just psychological conditioning are they not? would it be wrong to believe that in very very specific circumstances it can be done?

Baylor is also a fine university, not sure exactly what your fishing for there.

Education may not be a perfect analog for intelligence but what other kind of semi-measurable way is there of determining it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2011 3:18am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by All Dice View Post
    Actually I'm a fan of the cougars, didn't even know it was mormon run until one of my friends went there for music.

The no touch KOs are just psychological conditioning are they not? would it be wrong to believe that in very very specific circumstances it can be done?

Baylor is also a fine university, not sure exactly what your fishing for there.

Education may not be a perfect analog for intelligence but what other kind of semi-measurable way is there of determining it?
    Measuring intelligence is subjective. The average I.Q in Somalia is 68, but I would be wrong to say that Somalians are less intelligent than Americans. The real test is how to assess stupidity, because sometimes, intelligence and stupidity can go hand in hand.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast