Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 2:45am

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny part is I was reading this thread

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...-a-fraud/page5

look at how many people defend bujinkan. Same thing goes for MAP. While I like the bujinkan, I don't like the amount of nutriders the damn art has, and how questioning Hatsumi shuts people down for a discussion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 2:47am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    While I like the bujinkan, I don't like the amount of nutriders the damn art has, and how questioning Hatsumi shuts people down for a discussion.
    What? Why do you like the Bujinkan?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 3:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The organization, the whole style aside from the the Newaza and Tachi waza, (striking as well) they have.

The weapons stuff they do, pretty much everything else. I like.

After reading kips posts its pretty obvious hes either a troll or very new to the internet. I don't like calling people trolls, because they may have different views from mine, but he is not making the Bujinkan look any better.
    Last edited by shotfghter; 7/22/2011 3:06am at . Reason: Clarifying

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 3:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you like the "style" I.E the corrupt rankings, super deadly black gi's, the waist size/ dan rank ratio.

The techniques, i.e, made up, poorly copied and downright stupid.

The weapons teachniques, you mean the ones mocked by real Japanese martial artists for being poorly taught and half guessed?

In fact, what you like isnt a Martial Art, its known as live action roleplay. People get together to dress up and pretend they're fictional beings with fictional histories, and they "live act" the various lifestyles their "characters" have.

Bujinkan the most successful LARP society on the planet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 3:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respect that.

I feel differently, but that is something else. My thoughts in relation to this topic are that I would never poke someones eye out, or kick their groin (or maybe I would, I don't know), and that law enforcement officers shouldn't do that either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 3:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering that the topic is dead and our respective lines have been drawn in the sand, I have no issue with, nor will I judge your opinion if you care to voice it. An opinion is an opinion, mine is mine and yours is yours and both of us may be wrong, so dont feel like you cant hash it out with me because you think I wont listen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 4:14am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish a cop would poke my eye out (on tape). In the world of the blind, the one eyed man has a lot of lawsuit money to pay for hookers and blow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 4:15am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    The knee kick is done with the heel and in a reverse manner so that you can do it close at a distance. So your saying sticking your finger in someones eye wont take them out? My problem with competition arts is that they dont use techniques that could kill or seriously hurt the other guy. I have seen MMA fights that stopped when the eyes were accitdentally bumped.
    As a law enforcement officer your surely your job is bring people in to face justice not met it out yourself. Fair enough if your life is in danger but all the techniques you are describing are low percentage techniques that would require precise execution.

The law enforcement here in the UK teach more high percentage moves that use gross motor skills and are therefore much easier to learn and much more likely to connect with the opponent. Eg Shin kick to leg, Kicking the person in the shin and running you foot down their shin, elbows to body or head, hooks to body and head, the idea being not to knock the person out necessarily but to distract them enough that you can then apply a lock or follow up with a more powerful stirke

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 8:18am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    I wish a cop would poke my eye out (on tape). In the world of the blind, the one eyed man has a lot of lawsuit money to pay for hookers and blow.
    I salute you, sir. In a world where so many people depend on lottery tickets for their retirement fund, you have a bold plan. Kudos, sir! Kudos!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    I don't like calling people trolls, because they may have different views from mine...
    Oh, he's unquestionably a troll, it was obvious in the first sentence or two of the OP. No police officer is looking on the internet for eye-gouges and ear claps. A guy with a gun, a tazer, a baton, and an internal investigations unit has absolutely no interest in deadly street techniques that fat guys can use to defeat super villains mano a mano.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast