1. #701
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,303
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    It actually works very well against attacking Klingons.
    Only because Klingons don't understand kinetic energy.

  2. #702

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    157
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, best technique by far from my less practical TMA days:

    Xing Yi: keeping your butthole clenched while in your San Ti stance. This was always said with a straight face - ancient Chinese secret...

  3. #703
    jspeedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,709
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    OK, best technique by far from my less practical TMA days:

    Xing Yi: keeping your butthole clenched while in your San Ti stance. This was always said with a straight face - ancient Chinese secret...
    As funny as that sounds it's probably good advice. I've heard the same advice said (more or less) in strength training books.

  4. #704

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    157
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    As funny as that sounds it's probably good advice. I've heard the same advice said (more or less) in strength training books.
    I guess it depends on the situation. A counter-argument: much like the octopus' ink, NOT clenching up and just flooding your trousers could be a useful deterrant in a "he's crazy enough to **** his pants, what else is he capable of" sort of way.

    Just funny that, especially in IMA, when you have about 1,000 other infinitesimal details to keep in mind, your butthole is near the top of the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #705

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    You should have told him that you would sign any necessary waivers regarding the lethal force just to gain the experience.

    I don't recall Royce Gracie worrying about relying on a weight class, or did I miss something.
    Uhh yeah, that's because Royce wasn't using techniques TOO DEADLY FOR COMPETITION

  6. #706
    eloneamigo
    Guest
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjitsu twice haha, one class when I was a kid and one class as an adult, they literally taught on the first day of class how to catch a sword in motion with your hands. That's essentially when i called bullshido!

  7. #707
    eloneamigo
    Guest
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido!



    stuff like this, who walks around with katanas in a modern day sense anyway. That was of my fonder bullshido ma experiences.

  8. #708

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    A counter-argument: much like the octopus' ink, NOT clenching up and just flooding your trousers could be a useful deterrant in a "he's crazy enough to **** his pants, what else is he capable of" sort of way.
    Flood and then fling, no way no how anyone want to mess with your feacal ranged weaponry

  9. #709
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    Flood and then fling, no way no how anyone want to mess with your feacal ranged weaponry
    Plus you'll be a little lighter, thus quicker, if combat ensues.

  10. #710

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    410
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When someone high kicks or knees, headbutt it back down faster than their leg is moving. The logic was that because your head was moving faster, the energy would transfer to the opposing leg, leaving you in tip-top shape and the opponent clutching his injured leg. You could also modify it to headbutt a punch, elbow, or to counter another headbutt.

    That week, I quit Shaolin Kung Fu.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO