Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970 71727374 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2012 4:30am

Style: Jujitsu and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm about the handshake thing- whilst I obviously concede that it's not a very common attack, I have first hand heard of an incident where someone being a dick pretended to calm down, shook the hand of the other guy he was being a dick to, but then used that hand to pull him in and cracked him one in the jaw... plus could it be possible people misunderstand 'handshake defence' with just learning a principle? FOr example, some arm bars you could never pull off (unless very lucky) but they teach some good principles about joint locking and leverage. Similar 'hand shake defence' there's an interesting one where you turn around and it Kote Gaeshis the other guy- NO of course you wouldn't want to, but it teaches some stuff about body movement and leverage...

Or was all of what I just said full of ****? :D Lol. Ps as an early defence, please don;t think I think handshake defence is something which you should learn 10 moves for haha!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 12:53am

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Knife disarms in FMA. Really, you'd think they'd be the go-to guys for dealing with a knife, but bullshit knows no boundaries. I think I've learned maybe two that have real applicability, and the rest are just performance art.
    Knife disarms are tricky to pull off. Some FMA knife disarms have way too many things that need to go right. They don't go right especially with a guy moving around, trying to stab you.

That's also assuming you see the knife entering your ribcage in the first place.
    Last edited by yli; 4/20/2012 1:37am at .

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 10:04am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    Knife disarms are tricky to pull off.
    Whenever I introduce the subject in class, my standard line is "knife disarms are like unicorns; we all know what they look like, but nobody ever sees one in real life."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 10:19am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whenever I introduce the subject in class, my standard line is "knife disarms are like unicorns; we all know what they look like, but nobody ever sees one in real life."
    Yeah when I was being taught sharp weapons defence, my instructor was like "OK rule 1; in a real situation YOU ARE GOING TO GET CUT. The aim is to not get killed'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 9:43am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was Your Instructor wearing a red dogi with his name on the breast lol. I absolutely love the stabbing them with their own bone...

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a memorial day BBQ, some nerd from the chess team(I mean that litterelly) told me bjj and judo handicapped you for street defense because they relied on weight classes and made you trim your nails.

He then demonstrated how he would slice mye eyeballs with his fingernails.

Then he showed me a move where he did a "beak fist" to my nuts and then when my hands would go down I would lean forward into a beak fist to the eye.

Funny enough he said he couldnt spar with me because I was to big and he was to little and he would have to use lethal force. Keep in mind, I didn't ask him to spar he just blurted that out.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should challenge him to devise an experiment to test the usefulness of bjj judo vs his deadly. Would be interesting to see what he comes up with; assuming he's a real nerd and not just some scrawny socially awkward dumb ass.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    Funny enough he said he couldnt spar with me because I was to big and he was to little and he would have to use lethal force.
    You should have told him that you would sign any necessary waivers regarding the lethal force just to gain the experience.

I don't recall Royce Gracie worrying about relying on a weight class, or did I miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by tmorterlaing View Post
    "OK rule 1; in a real situation YOU ARE GOING TO GET CUT. The aim is to not get killed'.
    I like these and will probably quote them in class.
    Last edited by slamdunc; 6/01/2012 2:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 4:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thats an interesting block there...

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It actually works very well against attacking Klingons.