Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768 69707172 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 8:08am

Style: Chow Gar / Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last night at Kung Fu, my instructor had failed again to get a pressure point to work at all on me, he decided to raise the issue with his instructor (who he paid hundreds of pounds to for a seminar on these points), when asked if they worked on his instructor we were told he had trained his chi too much and closed all the points. I know, I know, but I get my kung fu fix in between sensible training

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    7. When the hell is anybody going to launch a grenade suicide attack by yelling "surprise! It' s agrenade suicide attack!" and then begin arming the grenade?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one doesn't come from the mists of the past. No, this one's about three weeks old.

A couple weeks ago, I was talking to this dude who teaches some karate style that he thinks is a real thing when it isn't. He said he wanted me to teach for him. Now I thought he meant BJJ/judo, which I would be fine with. I need the money and whoever they got that wasn't me was bound to be even worse.

So I arrived at his class, which is in the basement of a synagogue (I don't think anyone in the class was Jewish). I decided to put on a white belt and join in, show what a humble samurai I am and fool him into thinking that we're at all equals.

So the technique they're doing is as follows:

1: Uke right jabs in slow motion at a spot about six inches in front of tori's face and holds their arm out there for the whole technique because once you launch your fist you lose all control of it

2: You knife hand block it, outside to in, with your right hand and step laterally, ending up facing 90 degrees to him, on the outside of his forearm

3: You switch your blocking hand because as long as your forearms are touching he can't move or something. Then with your right hand, you chop up and through uke's ribs. You're seriously supposed to come all the way through, like you're in Riki-Oh and slicing through his lungs or something.

4: Chop the back of the neck while bumping the back of their knee with yours.

In reality he wanted me to take a two week or so "instructor's course" and teach this kindof thing for him. I wobbled (i'm poor, don't have judgement) but eventually sent him a politely worded rejection.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing; JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
    "It's been proven time and time again: The guy who has his hands down by his waist will punch faster than the guy who has his hands up by his head."
    "
    LOL! It's also been proven "time and time again" that keeping one's hands down by the waist (within striking range of one's opponent) is a good way to get knocked out.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I stand corrected. My anti-Scott is weak, I empty my vessel to receive your teachings, sensai.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 1:13pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hook kick into roundhouse kick with the same leg. Also the evading of a roundhouse kick by leaning forwards and using his foot to spin hin around.
    Last edited by Polish beast; 4/11/2012 1:20pm at .

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=89867&page=1

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well heck, too late to edit.... But on the other hand video section isn't as visited as Mega's
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 3:31pm

Style: Jujitsu and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As bad as this stuff SOUNDS, it's actually really worrying too- my last instructor was telling me about an incident which was caught on CCTV- a security guard who was a black belt in Tae Kwon Do was confronted by a guy holding a knife. The Black belt proceeded to kick the guy in the head with a roundhouse- I gather he connected fine, but in doing so sliced open his femoral artery and actually died a few minutes later- the assailant didnt even really attack the guy, he was pretty much just holding the knife. Now say what you want about how bad this guy may have been at his martial art or practical thinking, but if that was all he learnt from a bad instructor, and it was very ingrained in him from repetition, it would have been semi automatic. Worrying. Lets just hope students taught like this dont get into too many situations :S