232361 Bullies, 3795 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 661 to 670 of 741
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667 68697071 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,258

    Posted On:
    5/13/2011 9:37am


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    Empty hand grenade defense in Krav Maga.

    Enough said.
    Enough said? Hardly! C'mon, you have to describe that one for us.
  2. tao.jonez is offline
    tao.jonez's Avatar

    Ninja Fruit

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,055

    Posted On:
    5/13/2011 9:38am


     Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    compound trapping. ugh.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln



  3. ermghoti is offline
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,322

    Posted On:
    5/13/2011 9:38am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    Empty hand grenade defense in Krav Maga.

    Enough said.
    Throw it back the way it came, or push somebody you don't like on top of it, and nominate them for a posthumous medal for valor?










    Yes, I played a lot of Paranoia.
  4. yli is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643

    Posted On:
    5/13/2011 10:14am


     Style: Stabbing the Face.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Throw it back the way it came, or push somebody you don't like on top of it, and nominate them for a posthumous medal for valor?
    You're supposed to (if you recognize it early enough), place your hand on the safety lever of the grenade and control the arm holding the grenade while using your Superior Combatives (tm) to beat the assailant to death before pushing the assailant's corpse over the grenade and running away. There are three problems with this defense:

    1.) Unfortunately, most military hand grenades are designed such that a reasonably fit human being cannot really sprint out of the blast radius in time to avoid the fragmentation. Throwing the grenade away doesn't help either because the fragments travel further than you can throw it most of the time. Unless you have a blast barrier, EOD tech's suit or a foxhole with grenade sumps (who has one of those handy anyway?), you're **** out of luck.

    2.) Controlling a weapon with your bare hands is notoriously difficult. Controlling a weapon that explodes after 3-5 seconds without the safety lever being manipulated? Yeah.

    3.) The assailant can pull out a knife with his free hand while you're trying to control the grenade with your empty hand.

    4.) Who the **** decided to teach hand grenade defense to civilians, but not spend more time on the more advanced grappling/joint lock techniques (normally) taught in the law enforcement/security classes?

    I don't have a scanner right now, so I can't put the relevant chapters in the Black Belt Krav Maga book up online, but most of the other people that do KM should have some degree of familiarity with it.

    Fortunately, most KM schools spend 0% of their time on empty hand defense against the hand grenade. The average KM practitioner's reaction to the hand grenade defense is something along the lines of, "oookaaaaayyy...."
    Last edited by yli; 5/13/2011 10:21am at .
  5. ermghoti is offline
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,322

    Posted On:
    5/14/2011 2:51pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    You're supposed to (if you recognize it early enough), place your hand on the safety lever of the grenade and control the arm holding the grenade while using your Superior Combatives (tm) to beat the assailant to death before pushing the assailant's corpse over the grenade and running away. There are three problems with this defense:

    1.) Unfortunately, most military hand grenades are designed such that a reasonably fit human being cannot really sprint out of the blast radius in time to avoid the fragmentation. Throwing the grenade away doesn't help either because the fragments travel further than you can throw it most of the time. Unless you have a blast barrier, EOD tech's suit or a foxhole with grenade sumps (who has one of those handy anyway?), you're **** out of luck.

    2.) Controlling a weapon with your bare hands is notoriously difficult. Controlling a weapon that explodes after 3-5 seconds without the safety lever being manipulated? Yeah.

    3.) The assailant can pull out a knife with his free hand while you're trying to control the grenade with your empty hand.

    4.) Who the **** decided to teach hand grenade defense to civilians, but not spend more time on the more advanced grappling/joint lock techniques (normally) taught in the law enforcement/security classes?
    5. When the hell is somebody ever going to stand in front of you while arming a grenade? The whole point of the damn thing is to **** up somebody's ****, while never exposing yourself to fire, right?

    6. What if he has a pointed stick?
  6. ProfessorChaos is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    5/14/2011 10:17pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed combative art

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    5. When the hell is somebody ever going to stand in front of you while arming a grenade? The whole point of the damn thing is to **** up somebody's ****, while never exposing yourself to fire, right?

    6. What if he has a pointed stick?
    Who cares about pointed sticks? Is fresh fruit not good enough for you?
  7. wetware is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,132

    Posted On:
    5/14/2011 10:19pm


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    5. When the hell is somebody ever going to stand in front of you while arming a grenade? The whole point of the damn thing is to **** up somebody's ****, while never exposing yourself to fire, right?
    http://letmegooglethat4u.com/?q=grenade+suicide+attack
  8. yli is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643

    Posted On:
    5/15/2011 1:45am


     Style: Stabbing the Face.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ryan Hoover, the guy who decided to include the grenade defense in the KM curriculum mentioned grenade suicide attacks as the reason why they needed to be taught.

    ermghoti: If he has a pointed stick, then you're fucked.
  9. ermghoti is offline
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,322

    Posted On:
    5/15/2011 12:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7. When the hell is anybody going to launch a grenade suicide attack by yelling "surprise! It' s agrenade suicide attack!" and then begin arming the grenade?
  10. yli is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643

    Posted On:
    5/15/2011 12:50pm


     Style: Stabbing the Face.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They sometimes even pray at length beforehand.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.