Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    i admit full mount would be a lot harder for me and i am not a grabbler, really i am talking more of a way to counter grappling. but even experienced grapplers would have a hard time agaisnt the full mount.
    Yes, they would have trouble but really only against people who know how to hold the full mount. It's just like saying even an experienced striker would have a hard time defending a jab. Well yes, but only if the person throwing the jab is also an experienced striker.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to counter grappling, train grappling. It's just that simple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 3:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would have try it out on some grapplers that train at the university see if it aactaully workds. really the way i see i think it does. to me you could take the principles of hip rotation by grabbing and striking and applying it to counter grappling, but i admit is all really something i come up with lately, doesnt mean it doesnt work thought i would just ahve to try it out to see if i can pull it off
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 3:07am at .

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 3:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    i would have try it out on some grapplers that train at the university see if it aactaully workds. really the way i see i think it does. to me you could take the principles of hip rotation by grabbing and striking and applying it to counter grappling, but i admit is all really something i come up with lately, doesnt mean it doesnt work thought i would just ahve to try it out
    *sigh* Ok give it a try, but you're wasting time you could be using to develop actual grappling skill. Rather than make it up on your own. Think about this. Iran has scientists that have degrees in chemistry, physics, engineering, and nuclear physics. But guess what? They still haven't just been able to make up how to enrich uranium all of a sudden. Why? Because just "winging it" and making **** up doesn't turn out well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 3:10am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn you, Koresh ! Always one step ahead. :p

I was going to say if you look at the most successful of the stand-up fighters in mma competition fights. They say they don't like to grapple, but how do they train against grappling ? By training grappling.
    If you really want to counter a grappler and keep it to your preferred range of striking, you do yourself a disservice by not learning some good basic grappling fundamentals. This can only be done under a good grappling teacher.

I highly recommend you go to that BJJ club if you can and be friendly and just ask the teacher about eye gouges and all that. My head coach gets asked these questions all the time by beginners and people transitioning from other arts, or cross-training. And I always want to cringe, but he's always very friendly and never puts them down for what they say. He just shows them in the lab ( on the mat ) so that they can experience leverage and position being used against them firsthand. They experience being dominated and having all their ideas and misconceptions go out the window and afterwards they want to learn "how he does that crazy ****". lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have been thikning about this and even lets say in full mount, i have seen ufc fights where with even legal rules you can have a revserse with no illegal leverage added at all. the way i could do it is like this. grab shirt and pull towards me, throat grab throat with other hand and still continue grabbing shirt, grabing the shirt would throw him off balance and then when i grab throat quickly do hip rotation while using leverage i have to connect that with my hip rotation, if you can reverse under legal rules this would be 50 times more effective. the fact i would grabbing onto something that i can grab very tightly would prevent any armbars and i dont have waste cocking my arm back becasue i dont need any power whatsover to do this move so i could do it extremely fast, it wouold only take a split second to do all of this
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 11:42am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 11:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the thing is your arms would really be an extenesion of the rest of your body and the choke would weakon him and fully apply your whole hip rotation power on him, it would just be a natural movement. and actually gravity and physics would work in my favour becasue i would be bringing to the side towards the ground with my rotation, he would be rorattion off to the side and i would come out on top, the timeframe to do this wouldnt take very long but even if you would have time to throw a punch i could just contorl your hip moveemnt by the fat i have contorl of your upper body and would just throw you off balance so you wouldbe be able to time it right
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 12:06pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i mean really gravity advantages me in this instance because everything i would be doing, grabbing yourt shirt and pulling you towards me, and rotating is pulling you down so i am working with gravity

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yodave I think that you have to learn the system before you try and beat it. I have a foot in both camps as far as street solutions to sport fighters. but I realise I need a base in grappling to be able to do dirty stuff.
    This is because the dirty stuff is easy. Getting the basic mechanics is hard.

This is almost a fundimental martial arts idea "Get your basics right"

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yodave,
    i am still a bjj white belt, and i can tell you with 100% certainty, any bjj player with a stripe or two on his white belt (basically anybody who's shown any aptitude for training at all) would rip you to **** and back if you tried that kind of crap with them.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.