Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:19am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    another thing as well would be try to get a up kick to the nuts or a knee, i know right now i owld have a better chane if doing all these things than actually trying to grapple with the guy but i think it would work, there are opportunity to do up kicks and knees tot he balls, they woulnd veen have to be very hard to hurt groin aerea and i have good power
    lol from mount? Upkick from mount? If you're talking about them standing over you while you're on the bottom, then yes you can upkick. However there is a right way and a wrong way to upkick and stand up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would have a better chance doing thtrying right now then just laying there at the level i am right now, i guess i have to upgrade that part of my game but i still think it would work, i already did some bjj and got the worst of it, i wont lie there, i just think that my theory lies arround grabbing his throat and using that to fully take advantage of my hip rotation that i acquired from my stand up. but the problem is that if i dont grab throat and head i cant use hip rotation because i need something to grab onto. i admit i dont know much about bjj, i understand how the submissions work and vague understanding of the ground positionning and what not but i think the trick is surprise and speed of execution, i think it would work, that guy that come to your place to try that move proably ddint think about what i mean
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 2:32am at .

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hip escaping into half-guard and then closed guard would be more successful. You're going to get armbarred or punched trying to grab the throat. It's not a good plan. Also your perception of grappling is off. Could I defend punches and kicks enough by just "poking at his eyes and kicking at his nuts"? No, the same assumptions fails with grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its just what i am relying on is that fact grapplers are close togheter, its like close stand up fighitng so really i believe it can be done the same way as close fighting stand up, its just that throat grabbing and eye gouging is illegal so nobody think about it. i think it owuld depend on how fast i could grab throat or eyes and how well i could get my hips into it while still defending my face and not getting armbared by holding on tightly enough, really i would have to try this out. i only thought about this recently but i think it has potential, now keep in mind this would work at lot better in closed guard then full mount thats for sure. really from full mount i would just be trying to buck him off of me and getting back to closed guard, i wuold probably have a harder time from there really, i am more talking about a full guard situation.
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 2:40am at .

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:39am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its just what i am relying on is that fact grapplers are close togheter, its like close stand up fighitng so really i believe it can be done the same way as close fighting stand up
    Well, that’s a spectacular bit of ignorance, right there.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:42am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i admit i dont know much about bjj, i understand how the submissions work and vague understanding of the ground positionning and what not but i think the trick is surprise and speed of execution, i think it would work, that guy that come to your place to try that move proably ddint think about what i mean
    If you only have a vague idea of the positioning in BJJ then you don't understand how the submissions work. Positioning is the most important thing really. Without is everything else fails. The bulk of my blue belt exam was positioning drills. Ie: escaping and then holding each of the main positions in grappling to a timer.
    If you got to really understand the positioning part, you would understand why eye gouge from the bottom is going to get you in trouble. Using speed of execution and surprise is a very important part of BJJ ( and any fighting art ). But without proper positioning and understanding of leverage, you will mostly be speedily and not-so-surprisingly getting beaten up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am approaching from a hip rotation stand point, anotehr thing too is if you grab the guys head or throat you could contorl his movement and therefore prevent him from punching alltogher specially with any force. im sure u could generation a lot of pwer from ur hips if you grab onto to his face or throat.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    really from full mount i would just be trying to buck him off of me and getting back to closed guard, i wuold probably have a harder time from there really, i am more talking about a full guard situation.
    This to me speaks volumes about your knowledge of grappling. Think about this. I've not taken an engineering course since high school, would any ideas I have about solving a turbine engine malfunction be valid or even useful? No, same as a non-grappler coming up with solutions to grappling problems.

Also just because it's against the rules in a competition doesn't mean anything. When you spar or compete, do you train grappling, striking, the clinch game, or takedowns? Do you allow people to bite others and eye gouge others in sparring as hard as they can? No you don't. Those are low percentage moves since you can't train them with 100% resistance. That's the beauty of grappling, you can train it at relatively 100% with no injuries. Thus increasing your ability to use it in a fight situation.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am approaching from a hip rotation stand point, anotehr thing too is if you grab the guys head or throat you could contorl his movement and therefore prevent him from punching alltogher specially with any force. im sure u could generation a lot of pwer from ur hips if you grab onto to his face or throat.
    No, this is all mechanically incorrect. This stems from your lack of understanding/experience of/with grappling.

Once again see my example of a non-engineer trying to solve an engineering issue. It's the same as a grappler trying to answer the idea of how to throw a punch or do a proper knee.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i admit full mount would be a lot harder for me and i am not a grabbler, really i am talking more of a way to counter grappling. but even experienced grapplers would have a hard time agaisnt the full mount. the thing is belive bjj operate inside a cetain environment, and i beliebe this would work and that bjj people havent thought about. i guess iw ould have try it out and see if it works or not.
    Last edited by yodave; 5/13/2010 2:59am at .