Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 11:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from a rear two handed choke, drop to one knee, then do a backwards elbow strike to the groin, roll, and warp your ankle around the bad guys ankle and put your foot behind his knee to take him down, lean forward and put pressure to make him tap

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 11:49pm

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist666 View Post
    from a rear two handed choke, drop to one knee, then do a backwards elbow strike to the groin, roll, and warp your ankle around the bad guys ankle and put your foot behind his knee to take him down, lean forward and put pressure to make him tap
    Like a rape choke, only the assailant is behind you? Whatever happened to sweeping the arms off (you know, so you don't have to fall to your knee and dirty up your pants)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 5:05am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a small list with some of the worst techniques and BS I've ever been taught. Sadly, I actually believed many of these until having a wake-up call some time later.

Blocking shin kicks to the body and face with my hands.

Being taught to always keep the shoulders down and the head up.

The reason many of the anti-grapple takedown counters don't work, is not because the technique is flawed, but because that person did not apply proper Chi to the technique.

Bare hand weapon defense against unrealistic pressure and bad technique.

Learning counters against things like Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai, etc. against people who have never trained in these arts, yet are trying to mimic the movements as they remember seeing them. Learnt some "real gems" against the boxing jab-cross in this way.

That guys who train in sport-based combat can't fight.

Being taught that you can catch and break a boxer's jabbing arm between your hands ( one on the wrist and the other on the elbow ) if you time it right.

Pretty much every empty hand gun disarm I've ever been taught.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i asked my old judo sensei how do i defend the rear naked choke when i am sitting on the ground with my opponent behind me choking me. he replied that i should jump backwards as hard as i could and hope it causes him to release the choke...

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 11:47am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my dark ol' days of WT I was taught that if someone tries to shoot my legs I should keep them together to make them stronger and then punch the assailant in the back of the head as they struggled to take me down.

Also if i wanted to intercept them before they reached my legs I should sweep my hand downwards and towards them to make a chop to the neck, diverting them away from me.

Frankly, I'm surprised I've lived this long after listening to **** like that.

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 11:57am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedtaco View Post
    Learning counters against things like Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai, etc. against people who have never trained in these arts, yet are trying to mimic the movements as they remember seeing them. Learnt some "real gems" against the boxing jab-cross in this way.
    Sweet Jesus, I spent years dealing with this kind of stuff and actually taking it seriously. Basically I was trying to defend my self against a 'boxer' who was actually a Chunner who thought a jab-cross was a short chain punch with your elbows out.

Unfortunately I was also one of those chumps delivering those 'jab-crosses'.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento18poker View Post
    i asked my old judo sensei how do i defend the rear naked choke when i am sitting on the ground with my opponent behind me choking me. he replied that i should jump backwards as hard as i could and hope it causes him to release the choke...
    Haha, I had a Judo guy do that to me once, it didn't work

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 7:52pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During my extremely brief stint in a kuk sul won school(I hadn't discovered Bullshido yet, cut me a break), we were being taught your typical awful wristlock escapes. This one in particular basically involved stepping back with your right leg and bending your right arm at the elbow up towards your head, like you were bringing up something to drink. That's pretty much it. Apparently my partner was gripping my wrist too loosely, so the instructor comes over, and this ensues-

Instructor: You have to grip harder, otherwise he won't be able to get out of it when someone does it for real!
    Me, thinking: Okay, that makes sense...
    Instructor: Here, let me show you.
    *instructor grabs my wrist in a moderately strong grip, I try the escape numerous times and fail, because it's completely useless*
    Instructor; There, see? If you grip hard enough, he can't get out! Now practice more until you can.

Needless to say, that was the last class I took there. I may not have found Bullshido by that point, but I can sure as hell see bullshit when it's that up close and personal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 6:41am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hapkido wrist locks. The problem in part was the flashy techniques, the other part was that there was no set up. It was implied that a 90 pound weakling would be able to apply these locks on a fully jacked up street thug.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 2:50pm

Style: MMA, Wrestling, TMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha! Hilarious! I laughed hard on the one about stabbing them with their clavicle and the one about rubbing their back to make them sit down.