Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double lapel grab defense: Lightly grab both elbows and lift up; double karate chop to the exposed ribcage. This, I was told, is a zero-effort move.
    Reverse vertical punch defense: Strike with the webbing of the hand into the "front" of the bicep. Be careful with this move; you could "move" the muscle up towards the shoulder blade.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Chemist

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ippatsu182
    This was a kokyu nage variant where nage hops back and grabs uke's punch with an underhanded grip, rotates the grip while bringing the other hand through uke's armpit to his other shoulder and throws. I understand this was mostly for learning "ma-ai" and timing, but I thought it was the most impractical technique ever. We also did this in a line throw.
    I think before this technique was a throw it was actually a strike to the back of the arm to dislocate the shoulder, but I've never done kokyu nage with an "under-handed" grip and also have never done it without a tenkan/tenkai, but regardless it is hard to do without a real commitment from you're opponent
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 5:00pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spear hand for sure, and prolly a non spinning hook kick. I think we were learning it just to get used to the motion for when we do a spinning hook kick. Iwas never told to use it in sparring or on the street. I'd say a spinning hook kick is a bad technique to learn too but seen my instructor K.O. too many people with them. I'll prolly never use it much though. The traditional side kick, I was told not to use it but I tried the first time I sparred and paid for it.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 3:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Boyd

Reverse vertical punch defense: Strike with the webbing of the hand into the "front" of the bicep. Be careful with this move; you could "move" the muscle up towards the shoulder blade.
    That sounds... painful...

... to the idiot who tries to stop another person's moving arm with a thin piece of flesh betweeh his/her fingers. :eek:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 3:46am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok how about this one, back to my ninjutsu days...I was once taught by my sensei a technique of hitting opponent's sole with the fist from stand up position. The other? a boshiken (thumb strike) to the opponent's shoulder, that's the day I left Bujinkan ninjutsu crap.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 3:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The drop to the floor in a turtl position grappling defense, I am not kidding, another one of richard behren's brilliant techniques. His theory you ask, "we don't play the game of the boxer, or the wrestler, we don't box the boxer, or wrestle the wrestler, we take them out of there element and make them play our game, then they will not know how to respond."

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:11am

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Spunky
    You wouldn't stand still and "chop" at a punching arm Gajus, done right it WILL drop most people (at the very least it severely weakens the arm and is very painful--sorry, but everyone has a median nerve and brachial artery) and if you can't hit a target that big, you should spend less time thinking up insults and more time training.

As I understand, the reason for gripping with the thumb, ring, and middle fingers is the way the tendons are connected. Engaging the index and little fingers actually weakens the grip of the two inside fingers (and creates unecessary tension in the arm). You also grip weapons with these three.
    I call bullshit. If I ever meet you in person, I bet you $50 you can't drop me by chopping my bicep while I throw a full speed punch at your head. Furthermore, the area you are referring is turned inferiorly during just about ANY properly thrown punch and would thus be very difficult to hit.

Furthermore, your grip understanding is very poor indeed. Gripping with the index and little fingers in no way weakens the grip of the inside fingers. The forearm flexor tedons that attach to the fingers and curl them have a common muscular origin and flexing only two of your four fingers (not including thumb) will weaken your grip because you are not able to use all of the muscles that flex the fingers. I guarantee a grip with four fingers curled around is a stronger grip than a grip with only two of them.

Stupid ninja.
    Last edited by GajusCaesar; 3/25/2004 4:18am at .
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by shodokaikan
    Ok how about this one, back to my ninjutsu days...I was once taught by my sensei a technique of hitting opponent's sole with the fist from stand up position. The other? a boshiken (thumb strike) to the opponent's shoulder, that's the day I left Bujinkan ninjutsu crap.
    This is truly a good day. Another lost soul has seen the light of truth and been led out of the darkness of stupidity.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 8:27am

Style: KARATE / MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to do a wrist grab escape that ended up with me down on one knee in front of my non moving attacker while i lock out his knee and go for a takedown.

never liked that one at the time either.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 8:44am

Style: Ape-like

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwon-Do's "U-shape block" - a block with two open hands designed to defend against a stick...being thrust at you vertically. Now I love TKD, but even I can see that that's...well...stupid.
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast